What Is It?
Before everyone leaves for their summer/festive holidays, The GoodLuck Bar and Outrageous Ostrich are bringing some Christmas fun to the city – The 12 Pubs of Xmas. This is a festive pub crawl that originates from Ireland, where people don the most outrageous Christmas outfits and trek between 12 different pubs in the area, buying and drinking a beverage in each venue. To make matters ‘worse’ (in other words, more fun), there are strict, complicated and unnecessary rules that you must abide by when in each pub. Sounds like loads of fun, huh? Get your tickets before they’re all gone. Here are the 12 ridiculous rules:
- Must drink with the hand you don’t use
- The Accent Pub
- The Silent Pub, no phones (warm whisky shot penalty)
- The ‘Partner’ (drink must be fed to you by partner)
- Take off a shoe and wear it as a glove
- Hydrate (H20)
- Stand on one leg while drinking
- Speak in song lyrics/movie quotes, or sing everything you want to say
- Crawl Pub (crawl to the bar and order)
- Jingle Shots Pub (sing Xmas Carols loud and proud)
- Drink your relationship status. Green = Single, Red = Taken, Blue = It’s complicated
- Selfie with a stranger
As for the entertainment lineup, you can expect performances by Easy Freak, Wonderboom, Jerry and the Bandits and loads more. Keep an eye out on their Facebook event page for details.
Each team needs to allocate a ‘Whistle Blower’ (whistle needed). Your blower will lead your group, make sure you are on track to finish the course, and ensure you stick to the rules. Thirty minutes per pub is a good estimate, but you can take your time (unless your Whistle Blower is trigger happy)!
When Is It?
Saturday, 16 December 2017 from 12:00 until late.
Where Is It?
The GoodLuck Bar, corner Main Street and Alexander Street, Ferreirasdorp, Johannesburg.
How Much Is It?
Tickets cost between R150 and R600 and are available at NuTickets.
For More Information
For more information about this event, visit The GoodLuck Bar’s event on Facebook.