The Spekko Rice guest chef this week is Sasha Zambetti, editor of Avocado/Avokado magazine. She has kindly shared her recipe for Asian Spring Salad – enjoy!
200g Spekko Pure Basmati Aromatic Indian Rice
1 orange, peeled and segmented
1 ripe avocado pear, cubed
1 small red pepper, cubed
50g roasted cashew nuts
1 large handful micro greens
1 large handful parsley
15ml rice vinegar
30ml sesame seed oil
30ml orange juice
50ml coconut milk
- Cook the Spekko Pure Basmati Aromatic Indian Rice according to packet instructions. Drain and cool.
- Segment the orange, reserving the juices for the dressing.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the cooling rice.
- Peel and slice the avocado. Dice the red pepper. Finely chop the parsley.
- Toss together the salad ingredients, including the cooled rice, and serve.
Sasha Zambetti, editor of Avocado/Avokado magazine, is a graduate of the Prue Leith Chefs Academy. She has worked in the food service industry prior to her 7 years in the food media industry. Read more
Once again Spekko is giving Joburg readers the opportunity to win a fabulous Carol Boyes rice bowl and spoon. All you need to do is email Shaun and answer the following question:
What is the name of this weeks’ guest chef?
Entries close on Tuesday, 28th September 2010. One entry per person. Please note, the prizes may differ from the visuals published.