Serves 6 – 8
15ml sunflower oil
1 small pumpkin
250g Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
500ml vegetable stock
2 bay leaves
30ml olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 each red and yellow peppers, cut into pieces
100g mange tout, blanched and sliced
45ml flat-leaf parsley, chopped
salt and milled black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Rub the oil all over the pumpkin and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Cook the Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Long Grain Rice in the stock, turmeric
and bay leaves. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and cook the garlic, onion and peppers for 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the rice, mange tout, parsley and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Slice the top off the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds and excess liquid.
- Fill the cavity with the rice mixture, top with the lid and reheat in the oven for 15 minutes, or until heated through.