Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 85 minutes
1 cup coconut flour
1 cup flax seed meal
¼ cup psyllium husk flakes or powder
4 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp salt
2.5 Tbs fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
1.5 Tbs fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
2 tsp garlic powder
12 large eggs
1.5 Tbs olive oil, plus extra for greasing pan
½ cup whole milk
2.5 Tbs organic raw apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC.
2. Whisk together the coconut flour, golden flax seed meal, psyllium husk flakes/powder, baking powder, salt, herbs and garlic powder. (Dried herbs can be used instead but use ½ teaspoon less as it has a stronger flavour).
3. Beat the eggs. Add oil, milk and apple cider vinegar; beat until well blended.
4. Add dry ingredients in a few batches and mix until just combined. Do not over mix as this will create a dense bread.
5. Lightly grease a medium nonstick bread pan with olive oil. Scrape the thick batter into prepared pan with a rubber spatula and smooth the top.
6. Bake until the bread is firm to the touch, about 80 to 85 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.