I have a friend who lives in Berlin, Germany. Her name is Meghan and she’s a fancy chef who does fancy chef stuff. Recently we locked into a conversation about comfort foods and one of the items she brought up was this BBQ chicken and pineapple grilled cheese sandwich. Sounds good, right? Yup! But, guess what? It tastes better than it sounds. Here’s how to pull this baby off.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt n pepper, of course
- 1 cup sweet and spicy BBQ sauce, divided
- 8 slices brown bread
- 2 cups mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 thinly sliced pineapple strips
- non-stick spray
- First off, heat the oven to 200C.
- Cut up the chicken breasts into cubes and on a high heat fry in a medium sized sauce pan; sprinkle with salt and black pepper. When done you want to take a knife and shred the chicken into pieces.
- Let’s build our sandwiches, shall we? Butter each slice of bread on the outside – as to ensure that they toast properly. Top your bottom slice of bread with the cooked chicken, some BBQ sauce, pineapple and cheese. Got it? Good.
- Spray a baking tray with non-stick spray and pop your sandwiches into the oven. Wait until the top is golden brown and then flip over to the other side.
- Try these suckers with some sweet potato chips. No, no you’ve not died and gone to heaven, friend – it’s just comfort food. You’re welcome.
Recipe inspired by the Domestic Super Hero.