There’s no need to trek to the Free State to enjoy farm styled food. Get your classic koeksiters and other Afrikaner food at the Bergbron Plaaskombuis en Padstal in, well, Bergbron on the West Rand, bordering Northcliff. The restaurant/deli is a delicacy and many travel from outside of Johannesburg just to sink their teeth into the home made eats on offer.
- A Special Offer For Our Readers At Parc Fermé!
- Plan Your Next Trip At This Year’s Travel Expo
- Don’t Miss Out On SHF’s Clearance Sale At The Ferndale Gallery
- Get Excited For The Chinese New Year At Emperors Palace
- Park Acoustics - January 2017
- The Music Run 2017
- Vanilla Sunday
- Rocking For Rhinos presents Our Last Night
- Large On The Lawn - February
- Large On The Lawn
- A Trip To The Orient Without Leaving Johannesburg
- Rooftop Yoga
- Friday Fiesta At Katys Palace Bar
The Bergbron Plaaskombuis en Padstal is a restuarant and deli which serves Afrikaner food.
Venue Name:Bergbron Plaaskombuis en Padstal
Bergbron Dr, Randburg
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 9 reviews
I can really recommend Plaaskombuis to all who have missed their ouma's home cooking. Food is delicious with very large portions. Service is a little slow but the food makes up for it
Rya-Mari M Says:
Such a lovely venue with menu items like "braaibrode; melkkos" and more. It's situated at a nursery so keep an eye open for it. Take your time as service is relaxed but food makes it worth the wait...
Louise v Says:
Good to have the Plaaskombuis in Bergbron to enjoy food that is different from that at the usual coffee shops around. The food is good. Unfortunately I have a suggestion: please give your waitresses...