400g Potatoes, skinned and cubed
400g Tomatoes, skinned and roughly chopped
250g Bacon, chunks
200g Beef Cocktail Sausages
1 Yellow Pepper, sliced
1 Onion, diced
1 Garlic Clove, minced
2 Tbls Tomato Paste
125ml Vegetable Stock
1 tsp Basil, dried
1 tsp Chilli Flakes or Paprika
1 Tbls Sugar
Salt & Pepper
200g Mini Tomatoes
40g Grated Cheddar
6 XL Eggs
Chives for garnish
- Boil or fry Potato cubes until almost soft, set aside.
- Fry Bacon and Sausages until just browned but not cooked, set aside.
- Fry Onion, Garlic and Yellow Pepper until soft.
- Add chopped Tomatoes, Tomato paste and Stock.
- Season with Dried Basil, Chilli, Sugar, Salt & Pepper.
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- Add potatoes, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add bacon and sausages.
- Spoon mixture into a shallow large greased pan. (It has to be oven proof.)
- Top with grated cheese.
- Place Mini Tomatoes on top.
- Make 6 little holes, and break an egg into each.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes (or until the eggs are to your liking).
- Garnish with chopped chives.
Serve with toast or a crispy French loaf to mop up all the juices!
- Use the tomato & potato mix as a base for the dish, and add whatever else you have or feel like.
- Drizzle the eggs with some olive oil so that they don’t dry out in the oven.
- Add veggies like Mange Tout and Green Beans for some crunch.
- Break eggs into a cup before adding it to the dish – you’ll avoid biting into an egg shell!
For more amazing recipes follow the links alongside.