“Design is our passion!”
– Introductory to design
– Bad design, common mistakes to avoid
– Elements of good Design
– How to plan and design your living space
– How to use colour effectively
– The psychology of colour
– The colour wheel
– How to choose and combine flooring, wall options and window treatments
– How to use pattern and texture
– Ergonomics and space planning
– Paint types and options
– Lighting and the various moods and effects it creates
– Fabric and wallpaper – how to combine local and imports
– Art work and photography – how to create your own artwork using your digital camera
– How to co-ordinate and use your accessories
– How to create and use a mood board and floor plan
– How to measure up a room
– Inspiration – how, why and where
– Delegates will complete a design project of a room. This will include a floor plan, mood board and a budget book on how to run your renovation cost effectively.
– Course material includes a detailed workbook along with a list of suppliers, manufactures and industry specialists. Delegates who complete the workshop will be eligible for industry discounts with preferred suppliers.
– No drawing skills required!
– Mentoring and follow up inspiration design sessions
Once delegates have completed the workshop, they will be eligible for 5 hours of mentoring sessions. This is complete via e-mail as well as an optional design consultation with Big City Life. Delegates will also be invited to various talks from industry specialists at a discounted rate.
Course length: 3 days
Dates: Saturday, 26th of January, Saturday, 2nd of February, Saturday, 9th of February 2008
Times: 9h30 – 15h30
Cost: R2500.00 all inclusive
Lunch and cocktails included!
There will be a maximum of 10 delegates per workshop.
Summer is the perfect time to reinvent your space and add a bit of sparkle and glamour back into your home! Big City Life offers an individual holistic design service to help make your space a more beautiful place to live! The design process begins with an initial consultation with you, the client. Big City Life believes in close collaboration with our clients in order to ensure a space that reflects both your personality and your lifestyle.
Big City Life has a contemporary fresh and modern approach to design, dealing with all space, both corporate and domestic, and have a design team of highly skilled contractors that deal with all issues surrounding renovation and building.
The following services are offered:
– Bespoke curtaining
– Kitchen design and manufacturing
– Imported/local fabrics and wallpapers
– Custom furniture
– Colour co-ordination
– Sourcing of furniture pieces
– Sourcing of Art/Prints
– Paint finishes
– Full turnkey service from renovation to completion of projects
– All kitchens are manufactured with a lifetime guarantee
Home Staging with Big City Life
Home Staging or Real Estate Staging is the process of preparing your home for maximum selling price by showing it off to its best advantage.
The idea is to appeal to the mass buying audience by using the following methods:
– removing clutter
– neutralizing the wall paint and interior colours
– introducing atmospheric lighting
– paring down and minimising furnishings
– removing personal items
– rearranging rooms
– ensuring curb appeal
– decorating and accessorizing the home to show off its best features
Once an initial Home Staging consultation has been assessed, various design solutions and cost options to suite your needs will be looked at. An assessment of what you want to achieve and what is realistic within your budget will be done.
What can home staging do for you?
Staging a home that is for sale is one of the smartest decisions a seller can make. Home staging can turn a cold and lifeless looking property into a warm and inviting home in the potential buyer’s mind. Big City Life and their Design Team will transform your home to attract the largest number of potential buyers in the shortest amount of time. Statistics show that by staging a home, both the homeowner and the agent benefit from a quicker sale and a bigger profit.