In the middle of suburbia, 15 minutes from Johannesburg City, a backpacker’s dream stay is waiting. The Birches Backpacker Lodge boasts a blue swimming pool, a braai area and a tea garden that will see you drink at least three pots of rooibos in a single sitting. The rooms are clean and comfy and the showers hot and spotless. Be sure to check out one of Joburg’s best B&Bs.
- A Special Offer For Our Readers At Parc Fermé!
- Culture 011
- The National Launches A Brand-New Bar Snack Menu
- The Flavour Academy - "Cooking Piemonte"
- Polo Wine Village Food & Wine at The Bryanston Country Club
- To Save Or To Splurge: At The Movies
- Polotique ultimate shopping & lunch @ Jackson’s
- Fly Fishing Film Tour
- Chefs Table with Babylonstoren
- Trolls Giant Cookie Decorating Class
- The Pantry Market at Keyes
- Kiddies Photo Walk At Johannesburg Zoo
- The Linden Market
The Birches Lodge is a backpacker and bed and breakfast in the northern suburbs.
Venue Name:Birches Backpacker Lodge
39 Anton van Wouw str, Roosevelt Park, Johannesburg
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 33 reviews
Tracy & Richard o Says:
Highly recommend. Met kind travelers who were ending their trip and have us their camping gear. Safe location. Clean room and bathroom with fast wifi. Easy to get around with Uber. Ian is very...
Ricky J Says:
What an amazing place! The host is friendly, beds and rooms are good and clean. Bathrooms are always clean, the relaxing are at the pool is the best, oh and they have NetFlix here. Will definately...
Chad G Says:
Beautiful pool and garden, communal space where you can play your own music on the speaker system, a peaceful tea garden, clean and tidy rooms and bathroom, a chill space with netflix and a great...