In the middle of suburbia, 15 minutes from Johannesburg City, a backpacker’s dream stay is waiting. The Birches Backpacker Lodge boasts a blue swimming pool, a braai area and a tea garden that will see you drink at least three pots of rooibos in a single sitting. The rooms are clean and comfy and the showers hot and spotless. Be sure to check out one of Joburg’s best B&Bs.
- A Special Offer For Our Readers At Parc Fermé!
- Hello Silly Season! October Night Market
- Ice Cream Sunday – BOO!
- Halloween Weekend Market
- Secret Sunrise JHB Volume 18
- In The Forest Christmas Folk Market
- DStv Halloween Night Run
- A Tour Of Krispy Kreme's Roastery
- Don’t Miss Out On The Last Gourmet Dinner Of The Year!
- Natural Hair & Beauty Festival
- Women's Health Fit Night Out
- Korean Film and Food Festival
The Birches Lodge is a backpacker and bed and breakfast in the northern suburbs.
Venue Name:Birches Backpacker Lodge
39 Anton van Wouw str, Roosevelt Park, Johannesburg
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 20 reviews
Hollie B Says:
A host can make or break any stay and Ian definitely makes it. Not only does he make your stay as comfortable and simple as possible you leave wanting to call the place home. Ian is a fab cook and...
Natasha W Says:
Really friendly and helpful family! Not only did they organise Ubers for us, they also gave us tips for our trip and local info. The hostel has a lovely garden, good food (you can cook for yourself...
Me and my girlfriend spended 3 nights at the birches backpackers. The rooms and the toilets are very clean and nice. There r alot of beautiful sitting areas inside and outside the house so u can...