In the middle of suburbia, 15 minutes from Johannesburg City, a backpacker’s dream stay is waiting. The Birches Backpacker Lodge boasts a blue swimming pool, a braai area and a tea garden that will see you drink at least three pots of rooibos in a single sitting. The rooms are clean and comfy and the showers hot and spotless. Be sure to check out one of Joburg’s best B&Bs.
- A Special Offer For Our Readers At Parc Fermé!
- SHF Has Something Extra Special For You This Valentine’s Day!
- Celebrating V-Day With The Arbour Cafe's New Menu
- A Family Experience Like No Other At Emperors Palace
- Secret Sunset Vol. 3 – Pretoria
- Timo ODV at Arcade Empire
- Francois van Coke – New Album Launch
- Valentine Tango
- Don't Miss Leo Sayer LIVE In Concert This April!
- The Beeld Holiday Show 2017
- Le Movie Club at The Bioscope
- ColourFlux - Jennifer Morrison
- The Joburg Prawn Festival
The Birches Lodge is a backpacker and bed and breakfast in the northern suburbs.
Venue Name:Birches Backpacker Lodge
39 Anton van Wouw str, Roosevelt Park, Johannesburg
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 27 reviews
Walmy S Says:
We were in a group of 15 people. Were stayed on this place for 2 nights. Really nice crew, good rooms, clean, not very big but comfortable. It is very near from a shopping center and a street with...
Danielle K Says:
The Birches Backpackers atmosphere is very good! It's located in a green area of Johannesburg and it feels like home. Ian was always very helpful and polite. The room and bathroom are comfortable and...
Hollie B Says:
A host can make or break any stay and Ian definitely makes it. Not only does he make your stay as comfortable and simple as possible you leave wanting to call the place home. Ian is a fab cook and...