In the middle of suburbia, 15 minutes from Johannesburg City, a backpacker’s dream stay is waiting. The Birches Backpacker Lodge boasts a blue swimming pool, a braai area and a tea garden that will see you drink at least three pots of rooibos in a single sitting. The rooms are clean and comfy and the showers hot and spotless. Be sure to check out one of Joburg’s best B&Bs.
- A Special Offer For Our Readers At Parc Fermé!
- Introducing Joburg's Choice
- Ready, Steady, Wok! Simply Asia Celebrity Cook-Off
- There's A Brand-New Pantomime Heading To Emperors Palace This May!
- Don't Miss The Action-Packed Holiday Fun At Emerald Resort & Casino This April
- A Toast To Our 600th Edition
- Rumours Rocks For Saints
- The First LoCrate Picnic
- St Stithians Open Air Cinema
- The DLSHCC Highland Gathering 2017
- Soweto Camp Festival 2017
- Riding For A Future Without Tuberculosis
The Birches Lodge is a backpacker and bed and breakfast in the northern suburbs.
Venue Name:Birches Backpacker Lodge
39 Anton van Wouw str, Roosevelt Park, Johannesburg
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 29 reviews
It was wonderfull! Ian is the best host you can wish for.. Only good words for him, his family, the beds, the food, the place itself, everything. It feels like home so we went back and cant wait to...
Walmy S Says:
We were in a group of 15 people. Were stayed on this place for 2 nights. Really nice crew, good rooms, clean, not very big but comfortable. It is very near from a shopping center and a street with...
Danielle K Says:
The Birches Backpackers atmosphere is very good! It's located in a green area of Johannesburg and it feels like home. Ian was always very helpful and polite. The room and bathroom are comfortable and...