Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serving: makes 1 loaf
80ml sunflower seeds
180ml ground almonds
7,5ml baking powder
1,25ml fine salt
30ml butter, melted
3 zucchinis, grated
80ml cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Spray a 10cm x 20cm loaf tin generously with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Place the sunflower seeds in a food processer and blend until very fine. Add the ground almonds, baking powder, salt, eggs and butter. Blend until combined. Add in the zucchini and cheese and pulse a few times until combined.
4. Pour it into the tin. Smooth out the top with the back of a spatula or butter knife. Bake for 20 minutes. Let it cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack.
- You can replace the sunflower seeds with more ground almonds. The little bit of extra crunch that the sunflower seeds add is a nice touch but not necessary if you don’t have any.
- If you like a bit of spice then stir ½ teaspoon smoked paprika and 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes into the batter.
Recipe and image by Illanique van Aswegen