- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts or thighs (skin on, bone in)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 large shallot (minced)
- 1 cup Brut MCC (Methodé Cap Classique)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp chopped, fresh tarragon
- fresh lemon juice (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 375°C. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the chicken to skillet and seer for 3 minutes on each side. Stir in shallots and salt and pepper. Remove the chicken, and place on a plate.
- Add the MCC and scrape bottom of pan to remove all of the cooked bits.
- Place the chicken back in the pan, baste with the MCC sauce and place in the oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
- Heat the butter in a large non-stick pan. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from oven, and add the sautéed mushrooms. Stir in the tarragon and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Serve with brown rice and Haricot Vert (French green beans).
Recipe adapted from Cooking with Curls.