1 Tbls olive oil
5 spring onions, finely sliced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1kg frozen baby peas
½ cup mint, and some extra for serving
500ml vegetable stock
1 cup fat free yogurt
Salt and pepper for seasoning
4 strips streaky bacon, grilled until crispy and copped once cool
– Heat the olive in a large heavy based pot.
– Gently fry the garlic and spring onion until soft.
– Add the peas and mint and stir until heated through.
– Add the stock and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
– Remove from heat.
– Blitz the mixture in a food processor until smooth.
– Season with salt and pepper to taste.
– Refrigerate until well chilled.
– Stir in yogurt just before serving.
– Sprinkle with bacon bits and garnish with mint.
This soup is delicious served hot too, crumble in some feta and allow to melt.
For a creamier version use Greek yogurt instead of fat free.
Serve with garlic croutons.