- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt plus more
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Fresno chilli or red jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh oreganum
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine the vinegar, 1 tsp salt, garlic, shallot, and chilli in a medium bowl and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir in coriander, parsley, and oreganum.
- Using a fork, whisk in oil.
- Remove 1/2 cup chimichurri to a small bowl, season with salt to taste, and reserve as sauce.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit