Chocolate waffles are the best, and so easy to make. If you top them off with a peanut butter sauce then you might just be on to something here. This is the best way to impress someone with breakfast in bed.
1 ½ cups flour
3 tbsp sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups buttermilk
½ cup peanut butter
1 tbsp heavy cream
1. Preheat waffle iron according to instructions.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and buttermilk until combined.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined.
5. Cook the waffles according to the directions on your waffle maker.
6. While the waffles are cooking, prepare the peanut butter sauce. In a small sauce pan over low heat, stir together the peanut butter and cream until well combined and melted. Drizzle the peanut butter sauce over the cooked waffles.
PS: For an extra indulgence, the Joburg Team suggests adding a drizzle of syrup or honey.
Recipe inspired by Buns in My Oven.