Constitution Hill is one of South Africa’s most important heritage sites. This historical attraction regularly hosts a diverse range of exciting events – from art exhibitions to street beat poetry sessions, rock shows to jazz jams and record launches, public debates on Constitutional Court rulings, to children’s programmes and so much more!
Here you not only get to have a good time but to learn about the story of South Africa’s turbulent past and its extraordinary transition to democracy. Visit the historical sites including the Old Fort Prison Complex, the Constitutional Court, Women’s Jail and Nelson Mandela’s old cell.
There’s also a relaxing restaurant to chill out and grab some refreshments.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- SHF Has Something Extra Special For You This Valentine’s Day!
- Scholars, You’re Invited To The Annual International Education Expo!
- Love Is In The Air At Mall Of The South
- Get Your Lunch Box Treats Sorted And Stand A Chance Of Winning!
- Great Offices Spaces In Joburg
- Book Your Romantic Dinner For Valentine's Day 2017!
- Your Date Night/Day Sorted – Date Ideas In The City
- Thompsons Has The Perfect Romantic Escape
- Get Your Valentine’s Day Shopping Sorted With Bagmee
- Cafes To Cycle To
- Where To Find The Wedding Dress Of Your Dreams
- Explore The City By Bike
The Constitution Hill precinct is located at 11 Kotze Street in Braamfontein, Johannesburg near the western end of the suburb of Hillbrow.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 760 reviews
Margaret F Says:
Our visit to Constitution Hill carved a very special memory for us on our Johannesburg trip. Well arranged to be informative and enlightening, I would definitely recommend it.
Good explanations by the guide and although it rained a lot (free poncho's were provided), we got a clear impression of all elements, thanks!
@ where Red route and Green route of Hop on Hop Off bus meet, at top of the hill. Give 25% discount with Hop on Hop off ticket. Not much to see. Many of them are just empty prison rooms. Has...