Constitution Hill is one of South Africa’s most important heritage sites. This historical attraction regularly hosts a diverse range of exciting events – from art exhibitions to street beat poetry sessions, rock shows to jazz jams and record launches, public debates on Constitutional Court rulings, to children’s programmes and so much more!
Here you not only get to have a good time but to learn about the story of South Africa’s turbulent past and its extraordinary transition to democracy. Visit the historical sites including the Old Fort Prison Complex, the Constitutional Court, Women’s Jail and Nelson Mandela’s old cell.
There’s also a relaxing restaurant to chill out and grab some refreshments.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- SHF Has Something Special In Store This Mother's Day
- Snuggle Buddies
- The 411 On Car Seats
- Most-Loved Local Kids' Clothing Brands
- Our Top Kids' Furniture Stores
- Where to Get Your Custom-Designed Wedding Dress Made
- Must-Know Local Fashion Designers
- Baby-Proof Your Home
- WIN Something Delicious From The Biltong Board
- Get Ready For "Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2" Heading To Cinemas This May
- 2017 Mother’s Day Lunches in the City
- Mommy Influencer: Chatting With Vanilla Blonde's Bailey Schneider
The Constitution Hill precinct is located at 11 Kotze Street in Braamfontein, Johannesburg near the western end of the suburb of Hillbrow.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 834 reviews
This is today & tomorrow of SA. If you want to understand & appreciate where SA is today & tomorrow you have to visit. Make sure you have a good guide from the Constitution Hill to explain the...
Good tour and insight into South Africa's discriminatory past. Some interesting sculptures and works of African art.
Good place to see several historical features; the old fort, the constitutional court, number 4 prison and the women's gaol. Tours are done hourly and the prices are reasonable. If you go on a...