Prep: 10 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
3 Chicken breasts, chopped into small cubes
2 tbsp butter
1 onion chopped
3 cloves chopped garlic
400g mixed mushrooms coarsely chopped
1 tsp chilli flakes
Salt to taste
3 cups chicken stock
2 tbsp cornflour
2 cups full cream
Chopped coriander to garnish
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add chopped onion and chopped garlic cloves and cook for 5-7 minutes until onion soft and translucent.
3. Add chicken and chilli flakes.
4. Cook for about 10 minutes.
5. Add coarsely chopped mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes.
6. Add stock which has been combined with cornflour and stir into the mushroom mixture.
7. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium.
8. Once chicken is soft add fresh cream and simmer very slowly for another 10 minutes or until liquid has reduced slightly
9. Season with salt if needed and garnish with chopped coriander.
Source: Recipe by SA people