50g (one packet) Panang Curry Paste
4 Chicken Fillets, cubed
2 Baby Brinjals, diced
1 ½ Cups Broccoli Florets, sliced into 2-3 cm pieces
4 Garlic Cloves, crushed
2 Tbls Ginger, crushed
1 Tbls Sesame Oil
Sesame Seeds for garnish
2 Cups Plain Yogurt
Handful Coriander Leaves
4 Sheets Phyllo pastry, defrosted
Olive or Canola oil
– Remember to defrost your phyllo pastry in the fridge overnight.
– Par boil/steam the broccoli until it just becomes soft but still crisp. Set aside.
– Fry garlic & ginger in the sesame oil.
– Add the paste and fry for 1 minute.
– Add chicken and fry for 3 minutes.
– Add diced brinjals.
– Fry until the chicken is almost done – about 7 minutes.
– Add broccoli and toss through mixture. Set aside.
– Preheat oven to 180°C.
– Lay phyllo sheets on a clean flat surface. Lightly oil each sheet.
– Cut into 6 rectangles.
– Oil a large 6 hole muffin pan.
– Lay phyllo rectangles in the muffin holes so that the corners are hanging over the edges.
– Fill with the chicken mix.
– Fold over the phyllo corners to form little parcels.
– Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
– Bake until crisp and golden.
– Serve with a yogurt & chopped coriander mix.
You can use any type of curry paste – green curry works very well.
Add chopped chillies if you like it very hot.
You can use any vegetables you have in your kitchen, butternut works well.
Make the mix the night before for a quick dinner fix the next day. Or use the leftovers from the night before!