David Krut Print Workshop (DKW) is an experimental intaglio printmaking workshop. It was established in 2002 on Jan Smuts Avenue in Parkwood, and now has a second workshop at Arts on Main.
The Arts on Main part of the David Krut Project includes a specialised art book store, where high quality South African and international art books are regularly published and sold here. The small gallery space features prints from some of South Africa’s most notable printmakers. The printmaking studio on the premises is where they often work and is managed by Jillian Ross with the assistance of printers Mlungisi Kongisa and Niall Bingham. Ross, Kongisa and Bingham have worked with a number of different artists—including William Kentridge, David Koloane, Deborah Bell, Colbert Mashile, Wilma Cruise, Ryan Arenson, Trasi Henen, Stompie Selibe and others—creating bodies of work that are recognised for their technical excellence and originality.
The workshop seeks to promote a dynamic and collaborative environment and to cultivate an audience of informed collectors who understand editions and multiples as important art mediums.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Companies That Deliver Alcohol
- Party Venues For Those Special Birthday Celebrations
- International Fashion And Cocktail Festival
- The Big Bioscope Quiz
- The International Fashion & Cocktail Festival
- Super Cool Saturday
- Noodlebox Cinema: Blades of Blood
- January Night Market
- Festive Night Market at Arts on Main
- New Restaurants This November 2017
- Container Living Just Hit Maboneng
- Maboneng's Uber-Cool LoveRevo