David Krut Print Workshop (DKW) is an experimental intaglio printmaking workshop. It was established in 2002 on Jan Smuts Avenue in Parkwood, and now has a second workshop at Arts on Main.
The Arts on Main part of the David Krut Project includes a specialised art book store, where high quality South African and international art books are regularly published and sold here. The small gallery space features prints from some of South Africa’s most notable printmakers. The printmaking studio on the premises is where they often work and is managed by Jillian Ross with the assistance of printers Mlungisi Kongisa and Niall Bingham. Ross, Kongisa and Bingham have worked with a number of different artists—including William Kentridge, David Koloane, Deborah Bell, Colbert Mashile, Wilma Cruise, Ryan Arenson, Trasi Henen, Stompie Selibe and others—creating bodies of work that are recognised for their technical excellence and originality.
The workshop seeks to promote a dynamic and collaborative environment and to cultivate an audience of informed collectors who understand editions and multiples as important art mediums.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- July Night Market @ Arts On Main
- Propertuity: The Guys Behind Maboneng
- 19th Encounters Documentary Festival
- The Box Comedy @ P.O.P Art Theatre
- It's Personal - The RoofTop Series
- Le Movie Club at The Bioscope
- In The City Pop-Up Singles Valentine's Party
- Sundays In The Living Room
- Living Room's Mad Hat Tea Party
- We Love Maboneng
- BLVCK QUEER Market JOZI
- Queer Art Night