What started out as the first family owned fine dining restaurant back in 2009 soon evolved into one of the most famous haute food restaurants in the country. DW Eleven-13’s Chef Patron, Marthinus Ferreira has worked day and night to build the eatery to the point where it is now – on the leading edge of the culinary culture.
In commemoration of the past seven years Chef Marthinus has listed his favourite dishes over the past seven years:
- 2009 – Curry-cured Norwegian salmon with pickled apple and cucumber, with oat crumble
- 2010 – Crab cocktail with corn sorbet
- 2011 – Fricassees of langoustine and quail
- 2012 – White button mushroom risotto with truffle oil, shaved raw mushrooms, parmesan and porcini powder
- 2013 – Chocolate ganache with coconut sorbet and banana ice-cream and hot peanut butter
- 2014 – Black wildebeest with pumpkin seed crumble, celeriac puree, sweet potato tarte Tatin and an apricot jus
- 2015 – Crispy polenta balls served with kale, cauliflower spume
- 2016 – Pork belly with slaphakskeentjies, candied carrots, smoked potato, roasted apple puree and pork jus
- 2016 – White chocolate ganache with honeycomb, burnt meringue, lemon curd and thyme and honey ice-cream.
DW Eleven-13 is located on the lower level of the Dunkeld West Shopping Centre on Jan Smuts Avenue. Bookings are essential – call 011 341 0633
By Shawn Greyling