Eat Your Heart Out serves delicious, healthy Jewish-inspired food including shakshuka, latkes, bagels and hot pastrami on rye. The menu offers gluten free, fat-free and vegan friendly items, with sweet treats appearing on the counter every now and then. Set in downtown Johannesburg at the famous Maboneng Precinct, the café is a great hang out spot for hippies and socialites.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Hot On Top: Spring Boogie
- Joburg City Rooftop Camping
- July Night Market @ Arts On Main
- Propertuity: The Guys Behind Maboneng
- 19th Encounters Documentary Festival
- The Box Comedy @ P.O.P Art Theatre
- It's Personal - The RoofTop Series
- Le Movie Club at The Bioscope
- In The City Pop-Up Singles Valentine's Party
- Sundays In The Living Room
- Living Room's Mad Hat Tea Party
- We Love Maboneng
Eat Your Heart Out is an urban deli in Johannesburg city.
Venue Name:Eat Your Heart Out
Cnr Fox and Kruger Streets, The Maboneng Precinct, Johannesburg
Opening Hours:Monday: Closed, Tuesday – Sunday: 07h00 - 16h00
Price Range:R150 for two
Type of Cuisine:Café
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 433 reviews
martin M Says:
Found Maboneng in a travel magazine review and lived up to my expectation. Very nice neighbourhood though there still some building that need attention. The cafe culture is young but exciting. The...
Nicola K Says:
This is a must-visit for tourists in Johannesburg but with a great number of fun things always happening here, locals find themselves drawn to the area regularly. Spaces especially worth seeing are...
Nice things to see and do. Pricing a little silly on basic food Items, Service can also do with some serious speeding up..... Very tricky to get to and out of for someone not familiar with the area.