Ellis Park, was originally built as an athletics stadium, but can be used for multipurpose events such as boxing, wrestling, exhibitions, sporting spectacles, banquets, arts and culture festivals, and many community events. It is mostly used as a training ground for popular local soccer team Orlando Pirates Football Club and the Golden Lions Rugby Union. The stadium also has easy access to catering points, hospitality suites, VIP lounges and accommodates 36 000 seated and approximately 10 000 – 15 000 spectators on the floor area.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Unisa Has All The Tools To Make You A Crime-Fighting Hero
- Play Date Ideas
- Where To Find Outdoor Furniture
- Swimwear Boutiques In The City
- Getting To Know Caralishious
- Where To Find Awesome Gym Gear
- Swimming Schools In Joburg
- Homemade Baby Food Businesses
- Getting To Know PTCH BLCK Studio
- Nanny/Au Pairing Agencies In Joburg
- Women's Day Spa Specials 2017
- Activities For Babies
The multipurpose Johannesburg Stadium is situated in the Doornfontein suburb of the CBD.
Venue Name:Ellis Park Stadium
S Park Ln, New Doornfontein, Johannesburg.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 126 reviews
Went to the super rugby 🏉 final . Disappointed that the lions lost . Great stadium that you can see from anywhere . Traffic control can be improved to enter and exit .
It is one of the iconic South African rugby stadiums. Massive and intimidating for many sports teams. Professionally run and home to the Lions rugby team. When empty it is cold. When full, it is loud...
Rob S Says:
One of teh better world rugby stadiums and home to the Lions rugby team. Efficient service and good access and exit