Ellis Park, was originally built as an athletics stadium, but can be used for multipurpose events such as boxing, wrestling, exhibitions, sporting spectacles, banquets, arts and culture festivals, and many community events.
It is mostly used as a training ground for popular local soccer team Orlando Pirates Football Club and the Golden Lions Rugby Union.
The stadium also has easy access to catering points, hospitality suites, VIP lounges and accommodates 36 000 seated and approximately 10 000 – 15 000 spectators on the floor area.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- SHF Has Something Special In Store This Mother's Day
- Snuggle Buddies
- The 411 On Car Seats
- Most-Loved Local Kids' Clothing Brands
- Our Top Kids' Furniture Stores
- Where to Get Your Custom-Designed Wedding Dress Made
- Must-Know Local Fashion Designers
- Baby-Proof Your Home
- WIN Something Delicious From The Biltong Board
- Get Ready For "Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2" Heading To Cinemas This May
- 2017 Mother’s Day Lunches in the City
- Mommy Influencer: Chatting With Vanilla Blonde's Bailey Schneider
The multipurpose Johannesburg Stadium is situated in the Doornfontein suburb of the CBD.
Venue Name:Ellis Park Staduim
Dora St, Johannesburg, 2094
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 113 reviews
Ellis Park Stadium is a rugby union and association football stadium is the home of rugby --it hosted the final of the 1995 Rugby World Cup, which was won by the Springboks.
This venue is well managed and is always a great place to be with a awesome vibe and where all have fun and there are no divides as you are all there for "THE GAME"
A must do in Johannesburg if you are a sports fan, tours available I was told, there was no match scheduled when I visited, locals recommend attending a game.