Ellis Park, was originally built as an athletics stadium, but can be used for multipurpose events such as boxing, wrestling, exhibitions, sporting spectacles, banquets, arts and culture festivals, and many community events.
It is mostly used as a training ground for popular local soccer team Orlando Pirates Football Club and the Golden Lions Rugby Union.
The stadium also has easy access to catering points, hospitality suites, VIP lounges and accommodates 36 000 seated and approximately 10 000 – 15 000 spectators on the floor area.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- An Evening With Samthing Soweto
- Calling All Daredevils!
- Johannesburg International Mozart Festival
- Big 2017 Sporting Events
- Ultra South Africa 2017
- Get Fit At These Outdoor Gyms In Joburg
- Family Dining On A Budget
- Why Not Join A Sports Club In The City?
- Where To Find Festive Holiday Fun For The Kids This December
- The Cosmo Experience New Years Eve Party
- Five Aftercare Centres In Joburg
- Unusual Extramural Activities For Your Kids
The multipurpose Johannesburg Stadium is situated in the Doornfontein suburb of the CBD.
Venue Name:Ellis Park Staduim
Dora St, Johannesburg, 2094
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 104 reviews
Once in, the stadium the vibe is always electric, sound is good and seating well organised and easy to find. However, if you have not bought pre-paid parking on a big match day (tri-nations, SA...
Emirates Park AKA Ellis Park is the home stadium for the Lions Super Rugby franchise. They have made huge strides in recent years to attract more spectators having beefed up the facilities and the...
a nice stadium once you are inside but is close to Hillbrow, a less than salubrious part of Joburg Better organise a bus to go to and fro and go with your mates