Ellis Park, was originally built as an athletics stadium, but can be used for multipurpose events such as boxing, wrestling, exhibitions, sporting spectacles, banquets, arts and culture festivals, and many community events.
It is mostly used as a training ground for popular local soccer team Orlando Pirates Football Club and the Golden Lions Rugby Union.
The stadium also has easy access to catering points, hospitality suites, VIP lounges and accommodates 36 000 seated and approximately 10 000 – 15 000 spectators on the floor area.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Don't Miss SHF's End-Of-Season Clearance Sale!
- Reasons Why You Should Support Local Florists
- Flight Centre Offers The Lowest Airfare, Guaranteed!
- Beauty Academies In Joburg
- All Things Geek In The City
- Human Rights Day
- Must-Visit Thai Food Joints
- Must-Know Orphanages
- What To Do This Saint Patrick’s Day
- Great Gin & Tonic Joints In Joburg
- Get Your Adrenalin Pumping At These Joburg Paintball Ranges
- Local Fashion Boutiques
The multipurpose Johannesburg Stadium is situated in the Doornfontein suburb of the CBD.
Venue Name:Ellis Park Staduim
Dora St, Johannesburg, 2094
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 111 reviews
A must do in Johannesburg if you are a sports fan, tours available I was told, there was no match scheduled when I visited, locals recommend attending a game.
Ellis park is full of History. I would recommend to pay a little bit extra for parking close to the stadium and s theres quite a few really safe parking lots nearby The atmosphere here is...
My daughter and I visited the Ellis Park Rugby Museum early in the morning. We were greeted by very friendly staff who were interested in where we came from, our involvement in rugby, etc and then...