Ellis Park, was originally built as an athletics stadium, but can be used for multipurpose events such as boxing, wrestling, exhibitions, sporting spectacles, banquets, arts and culture festivals, and many community events.
It is mostly used as a training ground for popular local soccer team Orlando Pirates Football Club and the Golden Lions Rugby Union.
The stadium also has easy access to catering points, hospitality suites, VIP lounges and accommodates 36 000 seated and approximately 10 000 – 15 000 spectators on the floor area.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- SHF Has Something Extra Special For You This Valentine’s Day!
- Scholars, You’re Invited To The Annual International Education Expo!
- Love Is In The Air At Mall Of The South
- Get Your Lunch Box Treats Sorted And Stand A Chance Of Winning!
- Great Offices Spaces In Joburg
- Book Your Romantic Dinner For Valentine's Day 2017!
- Your Date Night/Day Sorted – Date Ideas In The City
- Thompsons Has The Perfect Romantic Escape
- Get Your Valentine’s Day Shopping Sorted With Bagmee
- Cafes To Cycle To
- Where To Find The Wedding Dress Of Your Dreams
- Explore The City By Bike
The multipurpose Johannesburg Stadium is situated in the Doornfontein suburb of the CBD.
Venue Name:Ellis Park Staduim
Dora St, Johannesburg, 2094
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 106 reviews
Douglas C Says:
I have attended both in the general area and in boxes and was privileged to watch, I am tempted to say participate in - given the contagious atmosphere, SA win the world rugby cup some years ago...
Amanda H Says:
We have been around to stadiums and in my opinion Ellis Park Stadium wins with Loftus Versfelt in a second place. We attended a rugby game South Africa vs All Blacks, magic is an understatement. Then...
Once in, the stadium the vibe is always electric, sound is good and seating well organised and easy to find. However, if you have not bought pre-paid parking on a big match day (tri-nations, SA...