Everard Read played an important part in maintaining the cultural landscape of Johannesburg during Apartheid, an era that was otherwise restricting culturally to say the least. The gallery was previously based in the city centre but has been at its current stunning location on the corner of Jellicoe and Jan Smuts for the past 50 years.
Everard Read is a ‘must-visit’ if you’re in the Rosebank area.
To find out more about Everard Read Gallery, click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Canada's Best
- Starbucks Sessions feat. Stogie T, Johnny Cradle and Motif
- oneNINEone’s Sumptuous Kitchen Party Is Back!
- Techno'ly Thursdays
- Get The Hottest Gadgets At The Tech Expo!
- Ladies who Wine
- Starbucks Sessions: Rocktober Edition
- Wine And Fine Food Evening
- The Art and Science of Marble – Evolving
- Tantalise Your Tastebuds At The Zone @ Rosebank’s Food Court!
- Experience The Artisanal Coffee Culture At The Zone @ Rosebank
- Enjoy Coffee And Foodie Faves At Milk Bar
Exhibiting paintings and sculpture by South Africa’s finest modern and contemporary artists, Everard Read is Africa’s oldest commercial gallery, celebrated its centenary in 2013.