Everard Read played an important part in maintaining the cultural landscape of Johannesburg during Apartheid, an era that was otherwise restricting culturally to say the least. The gallery was previously based in the city centre but has been at its current stunning location on the corner of Jellicoe and Jan Smuts for the past 50 years.
Everard Read is a ‘must-visit’ if you’re in the Rosebank area.
To find out more about Everard Read Gallery, click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- "Millennials" An Instagram Exhibition
- A Techno Experience Not To Be Missed!
- European Film Festival 2017
- Take A Breather With The Weekender Special at Hyatt Regency Johannesburg
- First Thursdays – June 2017
- Exhibition Opening: A Pile Of Stones
- Hello Xmas! Toodles 2016!
- Don’t Miss The Summer Sale At Rosebank Mall
- Holiday Fun For The Kids At Rosebank Mall
- Canada's Best
- Starbucks Sessions feat. Stogie T, Johnny Cradle and Motif
- oneNINEone’s Sumptuous Kitchen Party Is Back!
Exhibiting paintings and sculpture by South Africa’s finest modern and contemporary artists, Everard Read is Africa’s oldest commercial gallery, celebrated its centenary in 2013.