Velocity Media is looking for a young, dynamic and creative individual to be employed as an intern on a full time basis as a “graphic designer”.
Joburg.co.za; Pretoria.co.za; Joburg’s Darling; Cape Town’s Darling; Town.co.za fall within our brands. The business is going through a redevelopment phase and the team is growing at a fast rate. The job offers growth opportunities in a fun filled environment.
We require a highly motivated, diligent individual who is looking to prove themselves and achieving their full potential.
We require the right graphic designer to assist with the redesign of the various brands, websites as well as design of banners, newsletters, advertorials and other brand related marketing material etc.
This individual will, also, be required to help with designing and creating advertising campaigns together with editorial and sales for our clients.
Our CMS is on WordPress so we require the individual to be comfortable working on the platform. We will, also, be hiring a developer so the designers role will be front end based.
Velocity Media is an online publishing powerhouse with over 300,000 subscribers across well-known publications. Our signature bransd are”Joburg.co.za” and ‘Pretoria.co.za” which are in depth to do/to eat/to stay guides of Johannesburg and Pretoria.
Experts in online marketing, Velocity Media is renowned for conceptualizing and executing campaigns that are both creative and personal.
We provide a platform for advertisers to reach large numbers of people who trust what we have to say and ACT on our advice. Our job is to help readers live their ultimate life in the city in which they live – something we do in a way that is personal, informative and relevant.
|Education level:||Degree / Diploma|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Type:||Internship / Permanent|
- Graphic Design and Video Production
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Statistics and Analytics Reporting
This role will be reporting directly to the Creative Director.
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Suite (incl. Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator)
- Competent level of HTML skills and CSS. Knowledge of tables, inline style sheets.
- Working knowledge of WordPress design
- Experience using FTP an advantage
- Brainstorm content ideas
- A keen eye for detail
- An ability to spot grammar and spelling errors from a mile away
- Be able to work alone and with a team.
- Be able to shift between different tones/styles/designs according to different publications
- Someone who doesn’t need to be micromanaged
- Must be able to network
- Deadline driven
- WordPress experience
- SEO experience
- Knowledge of Google Analytics / DFP / Adwords
- Knowledge of PPC, Social Media marketing
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Fast worker
- Strong network in lifestyle, food and entertainment