House of Baobab is a restaurant that specialises in African cuisine. Their menu shows off traditional dishes from east and west Africa, Senegal and Morocco. The restaurant serves dishes such as peanut butter veggie stew, traditional lamb stew, mango atchar, African style spinach, cous cous and fish dishes. They also boasts home brewed hibiscus and ginger juices. If you’re looking for a traditional meal and drinks, House of Baobab offers just that; plus the warm welcoming ambience is guaranteed to take you back your roots.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Hot On Top: Spring Boogie
- Joburg City Rooftop Camping
- July Night Market @ Arts On Main
- Propertuity: The Guys Behind Maboneng
- 19th Encounters Documentary Festival
- The Box Comedy @ P.O.P Art Theatre
- It's Personal - The RoofTop Series
- Le Movie Club at The Bioscope
- In The City Pop-Up Singles Valentine's Party
- Sundays In The Living Room
- Living Room's Mad Hat Tea Party
- We Love Maboneng
House of Baobab is one of Maboneng’s newest restaurants.
Venue Name:House of Baobab
286 Fox Street, The Maboneng Precinct, Johannesburg
Opening Hours:Monday: Closed, Tuesday - Sunday: 12h00 – 22h00
Price Range:R65 pp
Type of Cuisine:Restaurants
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 10 reviews
I came on a Sunday with some friends and had the African Buffet. I wanted to try everything, because everything I tasted was so amazing! The staff is amazingly welcoming! I am definitely heading...
Quaint and exotically earthy African. When you enter the restaurant you are automatically transported to a mystical Africa and makes you feel like your lost in translation anyway on the African...
Patricia P Says:
Great place to eat! The menu is not very large, but all the options seemed excellent! Also very original pottery dishes. Not expensive at all and great quality