Chocolate is our favourite dessert. But apart from its delicious taste, it also has many beneficial properties that can improve your skin! Not many people know that it’s possible to use chocolate to do face masks – but you can!
Chocolate actually does a brilliant job hydrating, lifting, rejuvenating and toning your face. On that note, we are sharing our ultimate hydrating chocolate face mask recipe with you.
This homemade face mask is quick and easy to mix up, and will leave your skin feeling super hydrated instantly. We recommend using a good quality dark chocolate for best results.
- 50g chocolate (with 70% to 90% content of cocoa)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (you can also use sweet almond oil, grape seed oil or linen oil)
- 1 egg’s yolk
- Warm up the chocolate on a water bath until it becomes liquid.
- Mix the chocolate with the olive oil and the egg yolk.
- Apply the mixture all over your face and neck. Make sure the temperature of your chocolate mask is comfortable and easy to apply before you do this!
- Keep the mask on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off the mask with lukewarm water.
How It Will Help Your Skin
This face mask will leave your skin feeling wonderfully hydrated and smooth. You can thank the dark chocolate and olive oil for this!
We recommend using this mask at least one every two weeks to keep your skin in tip top condition. It’s wonderful for keeping your skin hydrated during the cold winter months.
By Candice May