Velocity Media is looking for a talented individual to manage the day-to-day operations of our various digital platforms. (Joburg.co.za, Joburg’s Darling, Cape Town’s Darling). We are looking for an organised self-starter who has an eye for detail and has strong leadership capabilities. This individual will be required to take charge and to further grow the readership of our various online publications. In addition to this the individual will be required to assist in developing the necessary content strategies for the agency’s clients.
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Reference:||Managing Digital Editor|
- Brainstorm content ideas
- Run weekly team meetings.
- Be responsible for developing the content strategy for the various channels on our platforms and for our clients.
- Further develop the various style guides.
- Be responsible for growing the editorial team.
- Keep track of the content team’s work and ensure they meet necessary deadlines.
- Set necessary KPIS for junior staff members and mentor them.
- Manage the editorial team and freelancers.
- Oversee newsletter/promo mailer creation process.
- Ensure growth of various channels whilst ensuring that quality of content is maintained.
- Manage and grow our social media channels.
- Correspond with our designers and developers in the next phase of development of our online platforms.
- Further develop freelancer program and develop internship program.
- Copy edit
- Attend events on behalf of Velocity Media
This role will be reporting directly to the CEO.
- 3-5 years’ experience as an editor/managing editor or similar role
- An honours degree in either English, journalism or copywriting
- A keen eye for detail
- An ability to spot grammar and spelling errors from a mile away
- Be able to work alone and with a team.
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills
- Be able to shift between different tones/styles according to different publications
- Strong digital acumen
- Strong management/leadership skills
- Someone who doesn’t need to be micromanaged
- Must be able to network
- Deadline driven
- WordPress experience
- SEO experience
- Knowledge of Google Analytics / DFP / Adwords
- Knowledge of PPC, Social Media marketing
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Fast worker
- Strong network in lifestyle, food and entertainment