The Joburg Zoo is open to the public seven days a week – including Christmas, New Years and Easter holidays. It houses over 320 species of animals, totalling about 2 000 animals. They offer a number of different tours and you can even explore the zoo’s active nightlife by taking the night tour. Bring along your family and a picnic basket, and enjoy the scenery.
- One Step at a Time Cancer Warrior Walk
- Tree Of Light
- Picnic Paradiso with #PiP
- The Johannesburg Bach Choir Winter Concert
- ** UNLIMITED GOLF ** Membership @Parkview Golf Club
- moyo Melrose Arch & Zoo Lake are the Perfect Destinations For Cele's
- Natural Hair & Beauty Festival
- Zoo Hospital Run And Walk
- Parkview Junior School Garden Fun Day
- Open Moonlight Tour At Joburg Zoo
- The Zoo Trot at the Johannesburg Zoo
- Get Clued In On The Escape Room Craze
Joburg Zoo is one of the most popular local tourist attractions, situated in the leafy northern suburb of Johannesburg.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 1009 reviews
A fun place for the family. The enclosures are mostly large and well maintained with a wide variety of animals from all over the world. Kids (and adults) will love the open air transport from the...
This is a great place to visit to learn about the animals and offers play grounds, rides, snacks for the kids. Next time I would bring my own picnic and just buy cold drinks & ice cream for the kids...
Zahraa M Says:
I love the good walk we get covering the Zoo, however it is sad to see they close the exhibits like the Rain forest exhibit at 15:30 and it is rather pricey to pay entry for another day just to see...