The Joburg Zoo is open to the public seven days a week – including Christmas, New Years and Easter holidays. It houses over 320 species of animals, totalling about 2 000 animals. They offer a number of different tours and you can even explore the zoo’s active nightlife by taking the night tour. Bring along your family and a picnic basket, and enjoy the scenery.
- Tree Of Light
- Picnic Paradiso with #PiP
- The Johannesburg Bach Choir Winter Concert
- ** UNLIMITED GOLF ** Membership @Parkview Golf Club
- moyo Melrose Arch & Zoo Lake are the Perfect Destinations For Cele's
- Natural Hair & Beauty Festival
- Zoo Hospital Run And Walk
- Parkview Junior School Garden Fun Day
- Open Moonlight Tour At Joburg Zoo
- The Zoo Trot at the Johannesburg Zoo
- Get Clued In On The Escape Room Craze
- CLUED IN Escape Room
Joburg Zoo is one of the most popular local tourist attractions, situated in the leafy northern suburb of Johannesburg.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 982 reviews
Great layout and very family orientated. Animals are all well looked after and even though animals are not meant to be in cages, these cages are huge and made to be as natural as possible. Keep up...
Louise W Says:
Good zoo, well cared for animals , pleasant surroundings. Close up views of 🦁 lions . And crocodiles. Some funfair rides for little ones. Just very crowded on weekends, so avoid then I’d say.
The zoo is in great shape with a huge variety of animals which each have very informative information boards. New parking garage is a real bonus with plenty of covered parking.