The stadium was named after Mr Robert Owen Loftus Versfeld, the founder of organised sports in Pretoria. Today the stadium is home to the Blue Bulls.
For most of its history, Loftus Versfeld primarily hosted rugby matches, including the famous Currie Cup in 2009.
This stadium was selected as a playing venue for the 2010 Soccer World Cup and underwent a thorough refurbishment.
The stadium today has a capacity of 50 000 and is an all seater venue.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- SHF Has Something Special In Store This Mother's Day
- Celebrate Mother’s Day At Kievits Kroon Country Estate
- There Are Easter Surprises In Store For You At SHF
- The Pritti Festival
- Don't Miss SHF's End-Of-Season Clearance Sale!
- Student Bars In Pretoria
- Pamper Yourself At These Spas In Pretoria
- Lekker Live Music Venues To Check Out
- Hipster Hangouts In Pretoria
- Dozi LIVE
- Avril vs Pink Tribute Show
- Vintage Square Thrift Fair
Loftus Versfeld Stadium is centrally located toward the east of the city of Pretoria.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 170 reviews
Edgar R Says:
Would've given it a better rating if it wasn't home to the Blue Bulls. Great feel and one feels close to the game at all times!
What an amazing stadium this is, make sure you have your camera ready, and that you take time to soak up the atmosphere here, Recommended.
Jean-Pierre R Says:
I've had some great days there, and some average ones. The vibe with smaller games are sad. Bigger games... Go for it! If you want the real vibey, beer bellied screamers sit on the East pavilion. If...