Mama Mexicana is a Mexican restaurant that serves traditional mouth-watering cuisine. The restaurant known for their spicy, chilli dishes in the form of nachos, chilli poppers, stuffed jalapeno, enchilada chicken, stuffed peppers, chimichangas, quesadillas, chilli bowls and a variety of vegetarian meals too. Mama Mexicana also serves traditional Mexican beer to wash down every meal. If you’re in for a Mexican Fiesta, then try out Mama Mexicana.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- January Night Market
- Festive Night Market at Arts on Main
- Maboneng's Uber-Cool LoveRevo
- Hot On Top: Spring Boogie
- Joburg City Rooftop Camping
- July Night Market @ Arts On Main
- Propertuity: The Guys Behind Maboneng
- 19th Encounters Documentary Festival
- The Box Comedy @ P.O.P Art Theatre
- It's Personal - The RoofTop Series
- Le Movie Club at The Bioscope
- In The City Pop-Up Singles Valentine's Party
Mama Mexicana is located in Joburg’s trendy Maboneng Precinct.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 45 reviews
Great tasty Mexican food in a great little cozy restaurant. I could never understand the fashion for Mexican food before I tasted this. Great service too.
hal h Says:
Chilli poppers just weren't chilli poppers - more like fried cheese spring rolls with very little diced jalapeno inside. Not authentic. Ingredients definitely could have been fresher. Tasted like...
Tiaan B Says:
Funky little restaurant. I had the fish taco that was really tasty.Good food and a great vibe. Good service and prices. Will definitely visit them again.