Mark Gray’s Mobile Adventures, established for seven years, is located at a venue on the banks of the Crocodile River en-route to Hartebeespoort Dam. They provide white water rafting and abseiling adventures throughout the year for corporate and leisure clients. They operate on a 4,5km section of the river providing exciting rapids and unusually pristine scenery so close to Jo’burg and Pretoria.
The river winds its way through the Phalindgwe Nature Reserve and Hiking Trail which is endemic to leopard, brown hyena, kudu, mountain reedbuck, duiker, rock hyrax, baboons, vervet monkeys and prolific birdlife as well as catfish, carp and yellow fish (latter are great for fly-fishing). While there are no crocodiles, there are giant likkewaans (monitor lizards) basking on the banks.
Most guests are so focused on riding wave trains, they often miss the river’s other delights such as 40m-high sheer cliffs and groves of white stinkwood trees which is why they usually combine river rafting with abseiling adventures.
No previous experience is needed as all the river guides are professionally trained and the abseiling is conducted by internationally qualified supervisors.
They offer their corporate and leisure guests two recession-beating discounts of between 15% and 25% on these experiences for early-bird bookings:
Option 1: A full day abseiling and river rafting experience. Standard rate: R420pp. (Your rate: R365pp: minimum two and a maximum of 60).
Option 2: A half-day river rafting adventure. Standard rate: R277pp. (Your rate: R245pp: minimum two and maximum of 60).
Option 3: A half-day 25m cliff-face abseiling experience. Standard rate: R185pp. (Your rate: R160pp minimum two and a maximum of 40).
Please note the preferential rates are valid until December 20 and clients qualify for the 15% discount on the following terms:
• You may book anytime but once you have chosen a date, the booking must be confirmed within 48 hours with a 50% deposit.
• The 25% discount applies if you book available dates now and confirm with a 50% deposit by September 15.
• Contact Mark Gray directly for deep-discounts for off-peak days including week-days.
You can combine any chosen adventures with restaurant lunches, barbeques or light meals. (menu options and prices provided on request).
The experiences include the following:
• Secure parking at the venue.
• They provide vehicle transfers from their base to the conservancy where all the adventures take place.
• All equipment, expert river guides and abseil supervisors.
• Cool drinks during anyone of their adventures.
• Change rooms for men and women and hot showers.
• An optional 5m jump from an outcrop of rock into the deepest part of the river (rafting only).
• Cash bar
They can transform any of these events into fun team building activities combined with certificates of accomplishment, photography and prizes such as a free river rafting trip for the winning team.
Mobile Adventures will provide you with detailed itineraries on request. For further information follow the links alongside.
+27 83 969 9083