Just a short drive outside of Johannesburg, The Cradle of Humankind offers visitors the opportunity to explore ancient archaeological sites where Early humans and their ancestors existed between 1.0 and 0.5 million years ago during the Earlier Stone Age, prior to the appearance of modern Homo sapiens.The Tumulus Building houses the Maropeng Exhibition where visitors can explore the rise and fall of life on earth through various sections. The interactive exhibition is self guided and can take anything from one to seven hours, depending on level of interest and time availability. Other highlights include the Tumulus and Marketplace restaurants and Maropeng and Hominid House.
To find out more about Maropeng and The Cradle of Humankind, click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Start 2017 On A High Note At Silverstar Casino
- Bridal Fair @ Monte Vista
- Silverstar Has A Fantastic Entertainment Lineup Just For You
- It’s Time To Celebrate Summer With Silverstar!
- Silverstar Has A BIG Entertainment Lineup For You This October
- Go Big At Silverstar!
- Clearwater Mall 10km Race & 5km Fun Run
- Take A Look At What Silverstar Casino Has In Store For You
- Silverstar Brings you the Best in Entertainment this July
- There’s Plenty In Store For You At Silverstar!
- Rugby, Exhibitions, And Prizes Up For Grabs At Silverstar!
Maropeng is the place where the Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site can be found. It is widely recognised that humankind emerged in Africa, and the Cradle presents powerful evidence of this.