Melville is an area of Joburg that went through a bit of a slump a couple of years ago but it has managed to come back with a bang as of late. It’s filled to the brim with restaurants, bars and shops – the bustling 7th Street is the place to go. Melville is now home to 27Boxes, an innovative shopping centre made out of shipping containers. More and more people are flocking to this super-trendy area for food, drinks and a bit of retail therapy in this bustling centre. When it comes to Melville as a whole, key spots to look out for include Hell’s Kitchen, a rockabilly-themed bar and eatery, Lucky Bean, a great go-to to get a tasty meal and Jo’Anna Melt Bar, a bar with a jukebox and cheese-themed food spot all in one.
Melville is also a residential area with homes and guest houses surrounding the main street.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Pablo House Guest House
- The Federal Turns Into La Stalla
- Mootee Bar Is Melville's strangest Drinking Hole
- Love Me So Is Joburg's Hottest Ramen Bar Yet
- #SINGLE Valentine's Party
- Light & Joy Holistic Fayre
- Hell's Kitchen – Melville's Very Own Speakeasy
- Meet Mighty Monk – Jozi's Nitro-Infused Cold Brew Coffee Company
- Silent Disco Yoga
- Your Must-Try Restaurants For October 2017
- Perron Opens In Melville
- A Culinary Guide To Melville
Melville is a bohemian suburb of Johannesburg.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 266 reviews
Nice place where you can find a good choice of restaurants and pubs. Quite area where you can walk safely
Vaughn V Says:
There you can enjoy a side of everything, from food, drinks and right through to maybe that special girl.
Its a beautiful place to visit with all the restaurants and night clubs and not to forget the beautiful Mellville Koppies its a memory for life