This little salad in a basket is dead easy and sure to impress! Perfect as a starter for a lunch or dinner.
4 Servings (2 baskets pp)
3 sheets phyllo pastry
16 cos lettuce leaves, shredded
3 rashers of bacon
8 anchovy fillets, finely sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly (and gently) oil each sheet of Phyllo pastry.
- Layer oiled sheets on top of each other.
- Cut into 8 equal rectangles.
- Fold into muffin trays or individual silicone muffin cups.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, until the cups are crisp and slightly browned. Set aside.
- Fry Bacon and cut into little cubes. Set Aside.
- Just before serving, combine Cos Lettuce, Anchovy Bits, Bacon Bits and some Caesar Dressing in a bowl until all the lettuce is lightly covered in dressing.
- Spoon the lettuce mixture into the Phyllo Baskets and garnish with parmesan Shavings.
- Remember to defrost your pastry in the fridge overnight.
- Save some effort and use readymade Caesar dressing – we like Ina Parmans.
- Make Parmesan Shavings with a veggie peeler.
- You can make the baskets and bacon a day or two before (store in airtight containers) to save time on the day.