- 425ml Sparkling Rose Wine
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 2 x 11g sachets Gelatin
- 1 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 6 cups Mixed Berries – strawberries, raspberries, black berries, blueberries
- 1 peach
- 2 loaf pans
- Wash and dry the fruits. Hull and slice the strawberries. Mix the fruits up gently without bruising them.
- In a saucepan combine 1/2 the sparkling wine until it comes to a simmer.
- Add the sugar and stir until it has melted.
- Add the gelatin and stir until it has combined well and dissolved completely.
- Add the remaining wine and the lemon juice, combine and keep aside to cool.
- Arrange the fruit pieces in the loaf pan. The fruits at the base will be visible when you invert the terrine, so arrange decoratively.
- Add 300ml of the liquid mixture onto the fruits. Cover with cling film and place the other tin over it. Add some weight to the second pan. This process is called weighing down. You can skip this stage and pour all the liquid in and chill it, however this process helps the slicing part later.
- Place the tin in a refrigerator to chill for 1 hour. Once this has set, remove from the fridge and remove the second pan and cling film.
- Heat the remaining mixture slightly until it is clear and all elements have combined. Pour this on top of the set jelly, cover with cling film and allow to set for 6 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to serve, place the loaf pan in some hot water for 5 seconds, invert onto a platter. Slice and serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe inspired by Aprons & Sneakers.