We all know how it goes… once 4 o’clock rolls around, all diet bets are off. Your tummy’s grumbling and you’re dying for something sweet. What you actually need though, is a healthy homemade sweet that’ll satisfy this craving. Enter no-bake energy balls!
You can mix up a batch (or two) of these on a Sunday evening to take with you to work all week long. They’ll provide you with a dose of healthy fats and natural sweetness, making them both nutritious and delicious. And, bonus… each ball contains only 45 calories! So you can feel good each time you pop one (or two) when the urge to splurge strikes. Cravings? Consider them conquered.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (the old-fashioned kind)
- 1T dried black mission figs, minced
- 1T ground cinnamon
- 1T pure maple syrup
- Stir all the ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Using your palms, roll the cooled mixture in 10 to 12 mini balls. Store the balls in the fridge.
- Toss the balls in a freezer bag or sealable container and take them along to work with you.
By Candice May