500g fresh oyster Mushrooms
2 Tbsp red curry paste
4 kieffer lime leaves, torn
1 lemon grass stalk, finely sliced
1 Tbsp garlic, grated
1 Tbsp ginger, grated
4 bird’s eye chillies, finely sliced
1 can coconut milk
2 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp oil for frying
Jasmine rice, fresh limes (or lime juice) and fresh coriander to serve.
– If the mushrooms are very big, tear them into smaller pieces, or just use them whole.
– Fry garlic, ginger, lemon grass, and curry paste for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
– Stir in mushrooms and water and boil for 10 min.
– Add lime leaves, chillies, fish sauce and coconut milk, and simmer for another 10 min.
– Serve warm with fresh coriander, quartered limes and jasmine rice.
– You can add chicken for a non-veggie version.
– Buy kieffer lime leaves at an Asian Supermarket, or find them in nifty boxes along with a fresh lime in the herb section at Pick’nPay.
– If you can’t find lime leaves, you can use the grated peel of a fresh lime.
– Use only 2 chillies if you don’t like it too spicy.