- 1kg tilapia fillets or other firm white fish fillets, cubed
- 8-10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 habañero pepper, seeded and chopped (or real Peruvian Aji Amarillo, if you can find it)
- 8-12 limes, freshly squeezed and strained to remove pulp, enough to cover fish
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced and rinsed
- Combine all ingredients except the red onion and mix well.
- Place the red onion on top and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
- Before serving, mix well and serve with lettuce, corn, avocado or other cold salad vegetables on the side.
- It is important to use a juicer that presses the juice out of the limes, not one that will tear the membrane of the lime sections since this will make the lime juice bitter.
Recipe adapted from Food.com