South Africa’s foremost theatre impresario, Pieter Toerien opened Pieter Toerien’s Theatre & Studio at Montecasino with the record breaking comedy hit ‘Defending the Caveman’ in November 2000. Since then, it has housed international and local hits such as Death of a Salesman and Joseph, the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Evita, Jesus Christ Superstar, Hair and A Handful of Keys. The theatre productions have closed their curtains to standing ovations from the many patrons who have visited since the theatre opened in 2000. Three years after its initial opening, a 150 seat studio theatre was added as Toerien regards his Montecasino theatre as a platform and a theatrical home and aims to give both new and established artists opportunities for new directions and growth.
To find out more about the Peter Toerien Theatre click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Sushi On Fire – Some Of The Best Sushi In Joburg!
- Culinary Storytelling - A Food Wine Book Experience
- The Illusionists South Africa Tour
- Caramel Sundaes Presents Strawberry Feels
- Alan Committie - Planet Mirth
- A Christmas Carol at Montecasino
- What You Need To Know About The New Fourways Mega Mall
- Cinderella On Ice
- John Vlismas – The Good Racist
- Evita - The Musical
- Joburg, Get Ready For The Oyster, Wine & Food Festival At Montecasino This September
- Women's Day Picnic
The Peter Toerien Theatre in Montecasino is one of Johannesburg’s most well-loved playhouses, featuring productions for 52 weeks of the year.