South Africa’s foremost theatre impresario, Pieter Toerien opened Pieter Toerien’s Theatre & Studio at Montecasino with the record breaking comedy hit ‘Defending the Caveman’ in November 2000. Since then, it has housed international and local hits such as Death of a Salesman and Joseph, the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Evita, Jesus Christ Superstar, Hair and A Handful of Keys. The theatre productions have closed their curtains to standing ovations from the many patrons who have visited since the theatre opened in 2000. Three years after its initial opening, a 150 seat studio theatre was added as Toerien regards his Montecasino theatre as a platform and a theatrical home and aims to give both new and established artists opportunities for new directions and growth.
To find out more about the Peter Toerien Theatre click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Plan Your Next Trip At This Year’s Travel Expo
- The Great Moscow Circus Dates Have Been Extended By Popular Demand!
- Pink NYE @ The CLUB
- For One Day Only, Get 30% Off Selected Seats For The Great Moscow Circus!
- The Design Quarter Portobello Festival
- The Fourways BLOCK PARTY ft Kyle Watson
- Champagne Fridays
- Jingle All The Way To Montecasino’s Christmas Village
- Christmas Village
- Women's Health Fit Night Out
- BlackSteer Is Back In Town
- The Stall Artisan Night Market
The Peter Toerien Theatre in Montecasino is one of Johannesburg’s most well-loved playhouses, featuring productions for 52 weeks of the year.