You will need
- 500 g pork fillets
- Pork spice (optional)
- 1 Tbls Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Leek, sliced thinly
- 1 Small fresh red chilli, chopped (seeds in for hot/seeds removed for just spicy)
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, chopped (or 1t pre-chopped garlic)
- 2 Tbls HoiSin sauce
- 200 g Young green beans, steamed
- 200 g Long stemmed broccoli, steamed
- 2 tsp Fish sauce
- 1 tsp Corn flour
- 1 heaped tsp Chicken stock powder
- ½ Cup water
Egg noodles or rice
How to make it
Slice pork fillets into strips and give them a pounding with your meat hammer.
Toss the strips in the pork spice if you’re using it.
Heat cooking oil and sesame oil in heavy bottomed pan.
Fry pork strips for a minute or two.
Add the chopped onion and leek.
Fry lightly with the pork and then close the lid and let it simmer for about 5 – 10 minutes, or until pork is cooked and tender.
Add ginger, garlic and chilli and fry for minute or two.
Mix water, cornflour, chicken stock, HoiSin sauce and fish sauce.
Pour into pot, cover again and let it stew for a minute or two.
Add your steamed beans and broccoli and mix through (or serve separately).
Serve with chopped chilli and garlic and noodles on the side.
– You can buy HoiSin and fish sauce from most supermarkets or Asian specialty stores.
– Substitute the pork with any meat of your choice, or tofu for a vegetarian option.