You need to try this. If you make this as breakfast-in-bed type deal you will score a tonne of brownie points. Here’s what you will need…
- 1 French bread loaf
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons syrup
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut 10 slices of bread from the French loaf. Stir together brown sugar, melted butter and syrup; pour into a lightly greased baking dish. Sprinkle with chopped pecans – this will be the praline we’re making.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, granulated sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Arrange bread slices over pecans; pour egg mixture over bread. Cover and chill for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Bake bread 35 to 37 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Toss in some fresh berries for good measure. Done.
Recipe inspired by Myrecipes.com