Cecil John Rhodes built the Rand Club shortly after the discovery of gold in Johannesburg and since then the club has undergone very few renovations. The building today is 22 storeys high and is decorated in a proudly South AFrican yet slightly quirky manner. Perhaps one of the most spectacular things about the Rand Club is that the building as it stands today in Braamfontein, looks as it did in 1904. Therefore visitors can experience a slice of Johannesburg’s history as it was over a hundred years ago.
The Rand Club is now open to visitors (non-members) as long as a tour is pre-arranged with the management. It is also available for private functions and events. To find out more, click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- SHF Has Something Special In Store This Mother's Day
- Snuggle Buddies
- The 411 On Car Seats
- Most-Loved Local Kids' Clothing Brands
- Our Top Kids' Furniture Stores
- Where to Get Your Custom-Designed Wedding Dress Made
- Must-Know Local Fashion Designers
- Baby-Proof Your Home
- WIN Something Delicious From The Biltong Board
- Get Ready For "Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2" Heading To Cinemas This May
- 2017 Mother’s Day Lunches in the City
- Mommy Influencer: Chatting With Vanilla Blonde's Bailey Schneider
The Rand Club was founded in October 1887. The Rand Club’s colourful and often dramatic history is closely linked with the development of the world’s greatest goldfield and with the emergence of modern South Africa.