Why should I take a lavender detox bath?
The reasons are simple. A lavender bath will:
- Help relieve stress
- Help ease sore muscles and achy joints
- Help soothe migraines and headaches
- Give your immune system a boost
- Speed up healing when you’re sick
- Keep your toxin burden low
What are the benefits of the ingredients in this detox bath?
- Lavender essential oil: We just adore the clean aroma of this essential oil, don’t you? It’s brilliant for eliminating nervous tension, relieving pain, disinfecting your skin and enhancing blood circulation.
- Epsom salts: Epsom salts are fantastic for relieving stress and pain. A rich source of magnesium, this salt can also help your nerves function properly and improve your skin. When you soak your body in Epsom salts, the salt instantly pulls toxins from your body and restores your sulphate levels.
- Baking soda: Baking soda is a widely-used natural remedy that’s excellent for both detoxing and skincare. Its three main benefits are as follows: it helps alkalise your body, it washes acid waste out of your body, and it improves the softness of your skin.
How do I take a lavender detox bath at home?
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 cup Epsom salts
- 1 cup baking soda
What to do:
Run a hot bath and add the ingredients to the water.
Hop in and soak for up to an hour.
How often should I take a lavender detox bath?
We recommend taking a lavender detox bath once a week, or as often as you feel frizzed and frazzled. We also suggest staying in the bathwater for at least 30 minutes each time – your body needs that much time to absorb all the oil and minerals.