This nature reserve showcases a variety of animals such as the Cape Wild dog, the White Lion, Bengal and Siberian tigers, cheetahs, warthogs, ostriches and over 200 bird species. Due to this, they are listed as a member of Big 5 Tourist destinations. Activities include cheetah talks, lion, cheetah and wild dog feeds, reptile park visits and exhibitions, animal crèche and abseiling. The Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve also has pristine picnic, braai and swimming facilities as well as a restaurant, kiosk, curious shop and Croc pub. To find out more about the Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Start 2017 On A High Note At Silverstar Casino
- Bridal Fair @ Monte Vista
- Silverstar Has A Fantastic Entertainment Lineup Just For You
- It’s Time To Celebrate Summer With Silverstar!
- Silverstar Has A BIG Entertainment Lineup For You This October
- Go Big At Silverstar!
- Clearwater Mall 10km Race & 5km Fun Run
- Take A Look At What Silverstar Casino Has In Store For You
- Silverstar Brings you the Best in Entertainment this July
- There’s Plenty In Store For You At Silverstar!
- Rugby, Exhibitions, And Prizes Up For Grabs At Silverstar!
The Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve is a privately owned, non-subsidized game reserve, covering approxmiately 1 200 ha on the typical highveld of Gauteng. The reserve is situated in the “Cradle of Humankind”, a declared World Heritage Site, about 40 km north-west of Johannesburg and 60km west of Pretoria.
Venue Name:Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve
520 Kromdraai Rd, Krugersdorp, 1739
Opening Hours:Monday: Closed, Tuesdays - Fridays: 08h00 – 17h00, Weekends & Public Holidays: 08h00 – 18h00
Price Range:Adults: R90, Children: R70, Pensioners: R80
:Reserves and Parks
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 451 reviews
We went for a day visit and took the guided tour at midday.The game drive was approximately 2hours long.You're allowed to carry snacks with you.We got to see all the predators up close ,as it was...
We have been in Kruger Park area for 5 days, so sightseeing of animals in wild wasn't our main goal this time. But the creche of small tigers, lions, leopards and friendly and adult cheetah, were one...
Ursula D Says:
I wanted to be able to touch a cheetah & I was able to do that in the Animal Crèche that is within the park. The staff were helpful and made me feel very comfortable in being able to touch animals...