This nature reserve showcases a variety of animals such as the Cape Wild dog, the White Lion, Bengal and Siberian tigers, cheetahs, warthogs, ostriches and over 200 bird species. Due to this, they are listed as a member of Big 5 Tourist destinations. Activities include cheetah talks, lion, cheetah and wild dog feeds, reptile park visits and exhibitions, animal crèche and abseiling. The Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve also has pristine picnic, braai and swimming facilities as well as a restaurant, kiosk, curious shop and Croc pub. To find out more about the Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Future Park At Silverstar
- Beat The January Blues With Silverstar's Awesome Lineup
- Oakfield Farm's Summer Bridal Expo 2018
- 80s Rewind At Barnyard Theatre Silverstar
- Silverstar Has A Hot LineUp In Store For You
- There’s Plenty To Do And See At Silverstar This Spring
- Dan Patlansky - Introvertigo
- Panarottis Pizza Launches New Look At Cradlestone Mall
- For The First Time In South Africa, SPLASH! – The Water Circus!
- Silverstar Has A Hot Lineup To Keep You Warm This Winter
- It’s Christmas In July With The Bavarian Festival At Silverstar
- Festival of Ales – Beer, Wine, Cider and Medieval Festival
The Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve is a privately owned, non-subsidized game reserve, covering approxmiately 1 200 ha on the typical highveld of Gauteng. The reserve is situated in the “Cradle of Humankind”, a declared World Heritage Site, about 40 km north-west of Johannesburg and 60km west of Pretoria.
Venue Name:Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve
520 Kromdraai Rd, Krugersdorp, 1739
Opening Hours:Monday: Closed, Tuesdays - Fridays: 08h00 – 17h00, Weekends & Public Holidays: 08h00 – 18h00
Price Range:Adults: R90, Children: R70, Pensioners: R80
:Reserves and Parks
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 555 reviews
Jo S Says:
We stayed over in one of the Log Cabins and absolutely loved it!! This might not be a 5 star game lodge for the rich and famous, but if you do enjoy the outdoors and African bush, and you're...
Lots of animals (mainly gazelle, etc). No shortage of lions. Didn't see any rhino though. The hippos were babies... 2 in a murky looking pool near the cafe, and another baby in a smallish enclosure.
Tariah M Says:
Absolutely wonderful. Many activities and such a beautiful view. Animals roam in abundance. A worthwhile visit. Accommodation is wonderful and spacious. With amazing chocolate milkshakes.