This nature reserve showcases a variety of animals such as the Cape Wild dog, the White Lion, Bengal and Siberian tigers, cheetahs, warthogs, ostriches and over 200 bird species. Due to this, they are listed as a member of Big 5 Tourist destinations. Activities include cheetah talks, lion, cheetah and wild dog feeds, reptile park visits and exhibitions, animal crèche and abseiling. The Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve also has pristine picnic, braai and swimming facilities as well as a restaurant, kiosk, curious shop and Croc pub. To find out more about the Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Festival of Ales – Beer, Wine, Cider and Medieval Festival
- Things Are Warming Up This Autumn At Silverstar
- Earth Hour Trail Run/Walk
- There’s Something For Everyone At Silverstar
- Challenges, Music And Half-Price Movies At Silverstar This Autumn!
- Start 2017 On A High Note At Silverstar Casino
- Bridal Fair @ Monte Vista
- Silverstar Has A Fantastic Entertainment Lineup Just For You
- It’s Time To Celebrate Summer With Silverstar!
- Silverstar Has A BIG Entertainment Lineup For You This October
- Go Big At Silverstar!
The Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve is a privately owned, non-subsidized game reserve, covering approxmiately 1 200 ha on the typical highveld of Gauteng. The reserve is situated in the “Cradle of Humankind”, a declared World Heritage Site, about 40 km north-west of Johannesburg and 60km west of Pretoria.
Venue Name:Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve
520 Kromdraai Rd, Krugersdorp, 1739
Opening Hours:Monday: Closed, Tuesdays - Fridays: 08h00 – 17h00, Weekends & Public Holidays: 08h00 – 18h00
Price Range:Adults: R90, Children: R70, Pensioners: R80
:Reserves and Parks
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 489 reviews
For an experience of what it is like to live without electricity for a few days, this is a fairly good place to do it as there is so much to keep one entertained without it being necessary for you to...
Rin S Says:
Came to Johannesburg for work, and could only spare 1 day during the weekend to explore. Chose the Rhino and Lion Nature reserve as it was closer than the Kruger national park. It was a great...
Highly recommended day trip. My wife and I travelled from Sydney, and wanted to experience a game reserve again. This is by far the best! As promised we saw four of the big five. Not only that, we...