This nature reserve showcases a variety of animals such as the Cape Wild dog, the White Lion, Bengal and Siberian tigers, cheetahs, warthogs, ostriches and over 200 bird species. Due to this, they are listed as a member of Big 5 Tourist destinations. Activities include cheetah talks, lion, cheetah and wild dog feeds, reptile park visits and exhibitions, animal crèche and abseiling. The Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve also has pristine picnic, braai and swimming facilities as well as a restaurant, kiosk, curious shop and Croc pub. To find out more about the Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- There’s Plenty To Do And See At Silverstar This Spring
- Dan Patlansky - Introvertigo
- Panarottis Pizza Launches New Look At Cradlestone Mall
- For The First Time In South Africa, SPLASH! – The Water Circus!
- Silverstar Has A Hot Lineup To Keep You Warm This Winter
- It’s Christmas In July With The Bavarian Festival At Silverstar
- Festival of Ales – Beer, Wine, Cider and Medieval Festival
- Things Are Warming Up This Autumn At Silverstar
- Earth Hour Trail Run/Walk
- There’s Something For Everyone At Silverstar
- Challenges, Music And Half-Price Movies At Silverstar This Autumn!
- Start 2017 On A High Note At Silverstar Casino
The Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve is a privately owned, non-subsidized game reserve, covering approxmiately 1 200 ha on the typical highveld of Gauteng. The reserve is situated in the “Cradle of Humankind”, a declared World Heritage Site, about 40 km north-west of Johannesburg and 60km west of Pretoria.
Venue Name:Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve
520 Kromdraai Rd, Krugersdorp, 1739
Opening Hours:Monday: Closed, Tuesdays - Fridays: 08h00 – 17h00, Weekends & Public Holidays: 08h00 – 18h00
Price Range:Adults: R90, Children: R70, Pensioners: R80
:Reserves and Parks
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 526 reviews
We took a few overseas guests to see wildlife up front. In the one day we spent here, they saw more than they did in the Kruger Park on their day trip. We had close encounter with a beautiful, full...
Amazing place where u can go and play with tiger, lion ot cheetahs cubs! Love it! What for experience! And the naughty squirrels are just fun!
James D Says:
Me and my wife visit South Africa every year to visit family and grandchildren yesterday we decided to visit the reserve. We were most impressed with the kids play area , bouncy assault course...