This nature reserve showcases a variety of animals such as the Cape Wild dog, the White Lion, Bengal and Siberian tigers, cheetahs, warthogs, ostriches and over 200 bird species. Due to this, they are listed as a member of Big 5 Tourist destinations. Activities include cheetah talks, lion, cheetah and wild dog feeds, reptile park visits and exhibitions, animal crèche and abseiling. The Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve also has pristine picnic, braai and swimming facilities as well as a restaurant, kiosk, curious shop and Croc pub. To find out more about the Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- It’s Christmas In July With The Bavarian Festival At Silverstar
- Festival of Ales – Beer, Wine, Cider and Medieval Festival
- Things Are Warming Up This Autumn At Silverstar
- Earth Hour Trail Run/Walk
- There’s Something For Everyone At Silverstar
- Challenges, Music And Half-Price Movies At Silverstar This Autumn!
- Start 2017 On A High Note At Silverstar Casino
- Bridal Fair @ Monte Vista
- Silverstar Has A Fantastic Entertainment Lineup Just For You
- It’s Time To Celebrate Summer With Silverstar!
- Silverstar Has A BIG Entertainment Lineup For You This October
The Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve is a privately owned, non-subsidized game reserve, covering approxmiately 1 200 ha on the typical highveld of Gauteng. The reserve is situated in the “Cradle of Humankind”, a declared World Heritage Site, about 40 km north-west of Johannesburg and 60km west of Pretoria.
Venue Name:Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve
520 Kromdraai Rd, Krugersdorp, 1739
Opening Hours:Monday: Closed, Tuesdays - Fridays: 08h00 – 17h00, Weekends & Public Holidays: 08h00 – 18h00
Price Range:Adults: R90, Children: R70, Pensioners: R80
:Reserves and Parks
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 497 reviews
Saju S Says:
I gave four stars only because you get a chance to touch the cheetah and lion cubs. Else it's an underwhelming place to visit. Remember it's a reserve and not an open park, the animals can be seen...
Darren K Says:
I had a free day while on business in Johannesburg so 3 of us ventured out to this park. I am so glad we did! I've been on safari in Tanzania so my expectations about a reserve only 40km from...
Only had a day to spare from a work trip to South Africa; an easy drive out here and found many different animals in the grasslands; however the breeding area where animals can be seen up close...