Rietvlei Nature Reserve covers over 3 800 hectares of endangered Bankenveld grassland, with open plains and undulating hills. The extensive vlei areas and tributary streams support the scenic splendour of the azure blue Rietvlei Dam. This is the perfect place to go game viewing or bird watching. Facilities include Marais Dam picnic, bird hide, guided day and night drives and daily bus tours. Angling areas, mountain bike trails and overnight facilities are also available. To find out more about Rietvlei nature Reserve click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Find the Perfect gift at the SHF Festive Flash Sale
- The Script Live
- Don't Miss The SHF Black Friday Sale – 25% Off EVERYTHING!
- Don't Miss This Amazing Summertime Sofa Deal At SHF
- Restaurant Week 2017
- The Original Oktoberfest in Pretoria
- Spring Has Sprung At SHF!
- A Unique Day Out For The Whole Family At The 2017 Homeshow
- Four-Star Hotels In Pretoria
- Getting To Know PTCH BLCK Studio
- Get More Than 40 Winks With SHF's Amazing Offer
- Flair Baby & Toddler Market
The Rietvlei Nature Reserve is situated just outside of Pretoria and is owned by the City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality. Pay them a visit to encounter cheetah, leopard, buffalo and white rhino on guided hiking or horse trails.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 587 reviews
Seeing the larger animals is hit or miss. Family had been before and seen great sights of big animals literally crossing the road in front of them. Unfortunately I want so lucky. Still a nice drive...
We really enjoyed the routes through the reserve seeing some animals such as zebras (a baby zebra walked right up to our car window not allowing us to leave again), many ostriches, a few bucks and a...
We went there with friends and what a delightful visit. We really saw many animals and lots and lots of birds. A real haven for the wild so close to the city. The only problem that I had was the...