Rietvlei Nature Reserve covers over 3 800 hectares of endangered Bankenveld grassland, with open plains and undulating hills. The extensive vlei areas and tributary streams support the scenic splendour of the azure blue Rietvlei Dam. This is the perfect place to go game viewing or bird watching. Facilities include Marais Dam picnic, bird hide, guided day and night drives and daily bus tours. Angling areas, mountain bike trails and overnight facilities are also available. To find out more about Rietvlei nature Reserve click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- SHF Has Something Extra Special For You This Valentine’s Day!
- Secret Sunset Vol. 3 – Pretoria
- Timo ODV at Arcade Empire
- Francois van Coke – New Album Launch
- Valentine Tango
- Scholars, You’re Invited To The Annual International Education Expo!
- Don’t Miss Out On SHF’s Clearance Sale At The Ferndale Gallery
- Park Acoustics - January 2017
- The Toyota Warrior Race #1
- Cooler Boxing Day
- Get Your Last-Minute Christmas Shopping Done At SHF!
- Jazz night!
The Rietvlei Nature Reserve is situated just outside of Pretoria and is owned by the City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality. Pay them a visit to encounter cheetah, leopard, buffalo and white rhino on guided hiking or horse trails.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 428 reviews
Rietvlei is the most amazing game reserve with both tar and sand roads. Although they only have Buffalo and Rhino, (There are lion in a seperate enclosure) at an additional cost and not self drive...
Jeanne A Says:
We went on a 15K hike through the nature reserve with a guide and we're able to see many animals. The rolling hills made it not too difficult and the coffee shop made a great stop halfway through.
I have been here several times, and never been disappointed. Animal sightings are always fantastic, with eland, springbok, blesbuck, waterbuck, red hartbees, black wildebeest, jackals, rhino...