Rietvlei Nature Reserve covers over 3 800 hectares of endangered Bankenveld grassland, with open plains and undulating hills. The extensive vlei areas and tributary streams support the scenic splendour of the azure blue Rietvlei Dam. This is the perfect place to go game viewing or bird watching. Facilities include Marais Dam picnic, bird hide, guided day and night drives and daily bus tours. Angling areas, mountain bike trails and overnight facilities are also available. To find out more about Rietvlei nature Reserve click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Soweto Party Bus Tour
- Companies That Deliver Alcohol
- Dynamo Will Be Heading To Time Square In Pretoria This May
- The Wine Art Food Festival
- Indian-Henna Inspired Royal Icing Class
- Speed Dating Events For The Singles In The City
- UB40’s 25th SA anniversary tour ft. Ali, Astro & Mickey
- Rapunzel - Pretoria
- Peppa Pig Live in S.A
- Incubus Supporting Acts For Pretoria Show
- Q&A With Restaurant Mosaic's New Sommelier
- Street Magician Dynamo Tours South Africa In 2018
The Rietvlei Nature Reserve is situated just outside of Pretoria and is owned by the City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality. Pay them a visit to encounter cheetah, leopard, buffalo and white rhino on guided hiking or horse trails.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 617 reviews
Love bringing kids here over school holidays Beautiful place just outside town. There are Beautiful bbq or picnic spots at the dam and coffee shop. Kids love the donkeys at the coffee shop. Once...
We had a great three hours at this very well laid out reserve and had extremely close encounters with rhino, buffalo and zebra. I would highly recommend a visit to others.
Rietvlei a small city reserve close to pretoria is always fun. If you are lucky you see the cheetas but normally enough to see if you drive around. There is a coffee shop but not very interesting...