The following rules are applicable to all competitions, promotions and offers conducted by or on behalf of Velocity Media and all its publications (hereafter referred to here as VM). These rules will be deemed incorporated in each competition or promotion except to the extent that any instruction in an individual competition or promotion provides otherwise.
These rules, which may be amended from time to time, and any such specific instructions, shall be binding on all entrants.
1. All competitions are open to RSA residents aged 18 or over unless any other age restriction is specified. Only Joburg residents are eligible to win Joburg.co.za competitions and Cape Town residents to win Cape.Town.co.za competitions. Employees, directors, members and partners of VM, VM contractors, promoters, and agents, and any company involved in the competition, and agents and members of the immediate family of the above people, and suppliers of goods and services in connection with the competition will not be eligible to participate.
2. All entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, submitted via the official form where applicable, or by any other means specified for the competition. Entries must include the entrant’s name, email address and day time contact number, as well as relevant details of the name of the competition (where required). Details will only be used to contact winners where relevant. Any altered, incomplete or corrupted entry will be disqualified.
2.1 Entries must be made in accordance with the competition instructions. They are invalid if they are received any later than the specified closing date and/or time.
2.2 Only one entry per entrant (or household if so specified) will be permitted.
2.3 All questions must be answered and all other entry requirements fulfilled.
2.4 Proof of submission will not constitute proof of delivery and no responsibility will be accepted for lost, corrupted, delayed or mislaid entries.
2.5 VM reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in their opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of their control.
3. In the event of the closing date being extended, which the Judges may do in their absolute discretion, there will be an announcement of any such extension at the first reasonable opportunity.
4. Entry into Velocity Media competitions requires subscription to the Joburg.co.za newsletter. For entries that require a new subscription or referral from an existing subscriber to be valid, the following must apply:
4.1 The new subscriber must confirm the subscription utilising the double opt in/verification process.
4.2 Any referred addresses must be confirmed by the recipient/referred person utilising the double opt in/ verification process.
5. Should competition entrants or entries be accessed through Facebook, the following policies will apply:
5.1 No competitions accessed or promoted through the Velocity Media pages (including administrator profiles) are in any way related to, promoted or sponsored by, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook
5.2 Any information provided or submitted is submitted directly to Velocity Media and not to Facebook
5.3 Velocity Media releases Facebook from any involvement in, or liability for competitions promoted and administered through the Facebook platform
5.4 Winners selected from any social media platforms including (but not limited to Facebook) will be inboxed with details of the prize and collection thereof.
6. The winner will be chosen in accordance with the competition instructions, and will either be the first correct entry drawn from the total entries based on a random number selection, or all entries will be examined and the prize will be awarded to the entry that the Judges (who, unless provided otherwise in the competition specific instructions shall be the Editor of the relevant newsletter/website or his nominated representative) consider to be the best.
6.1 Other prizes will be awarded in accordance with the order of priority as stated in the individual competition.
6.2 VM will endeavour at all times to make contact with winners within 24 hours of the selection of a winner by telephone (if supplied by entrants) or email. However if a winner fails to confirm receipt of the notification of winnings within 72 hours, VM reserves the right to select another winner. The initial winner will then no longer be eligible for the prize. In the case of social media competitions, where email addresses have not been submitted, winners have 7 days to respond before another winner is selected.
6.3 No correspondence will be entered into. The decision of the Judges shall be final and unchallengeable and in their absolute discretion they may declare void any entry or the competition itself should they consider that there are no entries reaching a required standard, whereupon they can award prizes or not, as they think fit. Judges may also decide, in their absolute discretion, to change the rules of a competition while it is running if it appears to them that it would be equitable or desirable to do so.
6.4 Winners will not be eligible for another prize within 3 months of winning a prize. In the case of extended competitions which promote multiple prizes within one campaign, winners are only eligible to win one prize within that campaign, and the 3 month rule will also apply.
7. VM reserves the right to publish the names of the winners and runners-up as well as the winning entries an any and all relevant platforms including social media.
8. Delivery and collection of prizes is decided beforehand and may be determined by the end-suppliers terms and conditions. Prize winners may be required to collect their prize from the VM office; alternatives include delivery directly to the winner; collection from the end-supplier or agents office; collection from a ticket collection point in the case of shows and live events; or prizes could be emailed to the winner.
9. Velocity Media reserves the right to dispose of any prize/s that have not been collected within a one (1) month period after notification and/or acceptance of winnings.
10. All entries, however submitted shall become the property of VM and will not be returned. The winners (including runners-up) are deemed to have assigned all intellectual property rights of their winning entries to VM and to have waived their moral rights.
11. There will be no cash or other alternative to the prize offered and prizes are not transferable.
12. VM will not be liable for any circumstances beyond its reasonable control that prevent a prize being taken up by a winner. VM excludes liability to the extent permitted by law for any cost, claims or losses howsoever caused that arise by reason of any person’s entry into a competition or the award to them of a prize.
13. By entering the competition/promotion entrants are agreeing to abide by these rules and any conditions set out in the competition instructions.