We are looking for a social media savvy , highly creative and bubbly Social Media Intern to join the Velocity Media team in order to maintain and grow our own social media channels (Joburg.co.za , Joburg’s Darling and Cape Town’s Darling and more) as well as to assist with client accounts. With a massive growth opportunity, we require somebody with strong editorial skills, who is innovative and has the ability to work well under pressure.
|Job level:||Junior – Mid|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Type:||Social Media Internship|
|Reference:||Social Media Intern|
- Compiling and scheduling posts across multiple social media platforms ( Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Snapchat) – Active Engagement
- Replying to messages and engaging with our communities – Re-active Engagement.
- Monitoring strategies campaigns across multiple platforms and brands.
- Conceptualisation and implementation of creative/innovative campaigns to grow the following of our/clients’ pages and increase brand awareness.
- Assisting to maintain campaigns/strategies/social media activations for clients.
- Analysing and Reporting.
- Public Relations.
- 1 -3 years experience in similar role
- A degree/diploma/certificate in social media or digital marketing /advertising / journalism
- Up to date with all new developments in the industry and social media platforms.
- Working knowledge of paid media.
- Experience in Photo / video editing.
- Experience in Copy writing.
- Experience in Sales.
- Working knowledge in website and social media analytics.
- Addiction to technology and their social media accounts.
- Experience in Web design and SEO.
- Able to work well independently as well as within a team
- Well presented and spoken
- Deadline driven
- Strong digital acumen
- Performance driven
- Willingness to learn
- Speak multiple languages
- SEO experience
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of PPC advertising (adwords, Facebook)
Salary is dependent on experience.