Since January 2016 State 5 Cafe has been supplying cold brewed, home roasted coffee with beans imported form South America, Norh-West Africa and Europe. Pull in for a classic cafe vibe without the hipster flair. State 5 is all about good food, good conversation and great coffee. Their breakfast and lunch menus sing like Seal on a good day and they are the first guys and gals to serve cold brew on tap. Yes, that’s right – cold brew on tap. Grab a couple of buddies or a good book and get your caffeine kick. The staff are friendly, the prices good and the vibe chilled.
- A Special Offer For Our Readers At Parc Fermé!
- Plan Your Next Trip At This Year’s Travel Expo
- Don’t Miss Out On SHF’s Clearance Sale At The Ferndale Gallery
- Get Excited For The Chinese New Year At Emperors Palace
- Park Acoustics - January 2017
- The Music Run 2017
- Vanilla Sunday
- Rocking For Rhinos presents Our Last Night
- Large On The Lawn - February
- Large On The Lawn
- A Trip To The Orient Without Leaving Johannesburg
- Rooftop Yoga
- Friday Fiesta At Katys Palace Bar
State 5 is a roastery and cafe in Greenside which specialises in cold brewed coffee.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 7 reviews
Kim T Says:
I have eaten at State 5 a few times however was terribly disappointed this morning in the slow service and quality of food. There was a massive table of about 25 + people and the rest of the patrons...
Karl W Says:
So these guys do a cold brew....after they home roast and grind the coffee, they cold soak the grounds for 80 odd hours (apparently this firstly doesn't denature the flavours, but also prevents the...
Can sit on sidewalk/pavement observing the world. Next to an interesting bar so from coffee one can move onto craft beer. Good wifi - small selection of eats and friendly staff.