Since January 2016 State 5 Cafe has been supplying cold brewed, home roasted coffee with beans imported form South America, Norh-West Africa and Europe. Pull in for a classic cafe vibe without the hipster flair. State 5 is all about good food, good conversation and great coffee. Their breakfast and lunch menus sing like Seal on a good day and they are the first guys and gals to serve cold brew on tap. Yes, that’s right – cold brew on tap. Grab a couple of buddies or a good book and get your caffeine kick. The staff are friendly, the prices good and the vibe chilled.
- A Special Offer For Our Readers At Parc Fermé!
- A Toast To Our 600th Edition
- Rumours Rocks For Saints
- The First LoCrate Picnic
- St Stithians Open Air Cinema
- The DLSHCC Highland Gathering 2017
- Soweto Camp Festival 2017
- Riding For A Future Without Tuberculosis
- Easter Night Hunt
- Hey Baby Boutique Fair - Joburg 2017
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Temporary Road Restrictions For 2017 J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge
- Don't Miss SHF's End-Of-Season Clearance Sale!
State 5 is a roastery and cafe in Greenside which specialises in cold brewed coffee.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 8 reviews
State 5 really does have the best coffee in town ! They also have lots of coffee choices to suit every taste and it is always beautifully served. Their breakfast and light lunches are also super...
Kim T Says:
I have eaten at State 5 a few times however was terribly disappointed this morning in the slow service and quality of food. There was a massive table of about 25 + people and the rest of the patrons...
Karl W Says:
So these guys do a cold brew....after they home roast and grind the coffee, they cold soak the grounds for 80 odd hours (apparently this firstly doesn't denature the flavours, but also prevents the...