Serves 2 (big servings)
6 Thick Slices Bruschetta (or bread of your choice)
6 120g Steaks (we used Porterhouse)
4 Tbls Butter
4 Tbls Olive Oil (plus some extra for the steaks)
Salt & Black pepper to season
For the Blue Cheese Topping:
60g Blue Cheese
100ml Fresh Cream
Salt & pepper to season
For the Beetroot & Rocket Topping:
4 Small Beetroot, cooked & sliced
For the Egg Topping:
2 Large Eggs
- Slice bread into thick slices (2 – 3cm thick).
- Melt butter and add olive oil, brush over both sides of the bread slices.
- Toast the bread on a hot griddle pan until it becomes a good golden colour with some burnt stripes (on both sides). Set aside.
- Mix the cheese and cream until it becomes smooth, season. Set aside.
- Lightly oil and season the steaks. Cook on the griddle pan (or open fire) to your desired rawness.
- While the steaks are cooking, fry the eggs sunny side up to your desired hardness (for this recipe runny is best).
Building the Bruschetta:
- Top toasted Bruschetta with steaks.
- Pour Blue Cheese sauce over 2 of the steaks and garnish with a slice of blue cheese.
- Top 2 of the steaks with sliced beetroot & fresh rocket and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Top the remaining 2 steaks with the fried eggs and garnish with coriander.
Season well & enjoy!
• Use older bread as it makes slicing & toasting easier.
• If you don’t have a griddle pan, you can grill the bread in the oven.
• Buy ready cooked beetroot – much less trouble!
• Use reduced-fat cream for a lower calorie version.