Stevenson, contemporary art gallery that was started by Michael Stevenson, opened in Cape Town in 2003. A few years later, Stevenson partnered with David Brodie and opened up the Johannesburg branch which can now be found in Braamies.
The gallery has hosted a series of solo and group exhibitions that engage with contemporary art practice in South Africa as well as Africa and its diaspora. Its focus is placed on creating a two-way dialogue with South Africa and the rest of the world. In addition to giving (South) African artists access to the rest of the world, its FOREX programme, started in 2009, has brought the work of international artists like Francis Alÿs, Rineke Dijkstra, Thomas Hirschhorn, Glenn Ligon and Walid Raad to South Africa, often for the first time.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Sontonga Lofts Exclusive Viewing
- Janice Honeyman's Pinocchio
- Afropunk Fest Joburg 2017
- Shrek The Musical JR.
- Battle Of The Burbs: Linden Vs Braamfontein
- Jason Goliath Talks Cars, Comedy Clubs And Creativity
- Braamfontein in 36 Hours
- Braamfontein After Dark
- Meet Mighty Monk – Jozi's Nitro-Infused Cold Brew Coffee Company
- Then & Now: Braamfontein
- Snow White – The Ballet
- Window Sessions At The Orbit Jazz Club