Stevenson, contemporary art gallery that was started by Michael Stevenson, opened in Cape Town in 2003. A few years later, Stevenson partnered with David Brodie and opened up the Johannesburg branch which can now be found in Braamies.
The gallery has hosted a series of solo and group exhibitions that engage with contemporary art practice in South Africa as well as Africa and its diaspora. Its focus is placed on creating a two-way dialogue with South Africa and the rest of the world. In addition to giving (South) African artists access to the rest of the world, its FOREX programme, started in 2009, has brought the work of international artists like Francis Alÿs, Rineke Dijkstra, Thomas Hirschhorn, Glenn Ligon and Walid Raad to South Africa, often for the first time.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Snow White – The Ballet
- Window Sessions At The Orbit Jazz Club
- Women's Day Affair Ft. TiMO ODV
- Claudette Schreuders - The Bystanders
- A New Original Musical Premieres At The Joburg Theatre This August
- Stanley Beer Yard Tasting
- Cafe Republic Pres: The Brownies
- Mandela Day Yoga
- Basha Uhuru Youth Festival 2017
- A Passage To Bollywood
- Explore Braamfontein
- The First LoCrate Picnic